Defensive Carry banner

Need Help Deciding on a gun

3K views 31 replies 23 participants last post by  21bubba 
#1 ·
I need some help from you guys...I was told by a gun dealer near me that he'd give me $200-$300 for my Smith and Wesson SW40VE if I would trade it towards and M&P 40 or a Glock 22....any suggestions?!

#5 ·
If you can rent them, try them both. They are are both fine firearms, but you may prefer one or the other or be more accurate with one or the other.

#8 ·
Handle them both, see which feels and aims more naturally. Both are highly reliable, have good reps and CS. Something between the two will make you decide for yourself.

Personally, if all you get is $200-300, I'd consider hanging on to the S&W and saving up the difference. I just hate to get rid of any gun that's shootable. Call it hoarding.

#10 ·
I'm not a huge fan of the way the Sigma shoots...gota aim a little to the right to hit the bullseye...the only reason i bought it was because my brother said it was "awesome"...just feel like i might be better suited with an M&P or the heavilly favorite Glock...and I only had to pay $250 for it New

#11 ·
I don't have trigger time on the M&P or the G22, however I have extensive time with the Glocks two younger siblings the G23, G27. Both are great weapons, the Glock line is proven over and over again, and the M&P looks like it's giving Glock a run for its money in the LE contracts department. I've heard a lot of agencies are picking them up for their officers. I would personally pick the Glock 23 over the 22 because of the size and that I can easily conceal it, but the G22 is a great weapon as well. Go to the range and handle them both and see what you come up with.

#17 ·
To be fair, I have been here for going on 5 years and posted and read a LOT of stuff here. I really can t say that this is a "Glock oriented forum". Thre are lovers and hater of all brands here. Kind of short sighted really. If we were on Glocktalk, you might have a case.

#16 ·
DO IT BEFORE HE CHANGES HIS MIND...Get the G22, but it depends if he is charging you MSRP on the M&P or Glock too. Should not really pay anymore than 500 for these guns.

#25 ·
So glad I made the switch, going back next week to get the Glock 23 also :danceban:
If you are looking at the G23, take a good long look at the G27 if you intend to conceal carry. I know there is not much difference, but the barrel on the G23 digs into my hip a little bit where the G27 does not. You will be able to use G22, or G23 mags in the G27 without a problem, and they sell spacers for the magazines if you have a problem with the weird grip of the mag sticking out. A Glock 27 is really hard to pass up.

#23 ·
To get out of the S&W? Good deal IMO no matter which one you choose.

#27 ·
I have never seen a thread with so many smart people giving 'perfect' advice...get the Glock!:smile:

#28 ·
I would :image035:
M&P and Glock are both fine firearms, see which feels best in your hand & if u can shoot them both (M&P has interchangeable backstraps)

#29 ·
He got the Glock....especially since we told him what a great choice it was....on a "Glock centered forum"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.