Thoughts/Experiences with Glock 23 Gen 4

This is a discussion on Thoughts/Experiences with Glock 23 Gen 4 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I was dead set on buying a Glock 30SF in about a week or two to replace my LCP however I've since found out ...

So I was dead set on buying a Glock 30SF in about a week or two to replace my LCP however I've since found out about the G23 Gen 4 and have read a lot of positive things about it in various other places. I searched here and didn't really find anything recent on it.

Anyone have/had one? Please share your feedback and thoughts on it as an EDC. Also if anyone has/had both a G30 and G23 what are your thoughts between the two, which would you rather have, etc.
    Glock 30SF

Quote Originally Posted by GunLuvnLibrl View Post
    So I was dead set on buying a Glock 30SF in about a week or two to replace my LCP however I've since found out about the G23 Gen 4 and have read a lot of positive things about it in various other places. I searched here and didn't really find anything recent on it.

Anyone have/had one? Please share your feedback and thoughts on it as an EDC. Also if anyone has/had both a G30 and G23 what are your thoughts between the two, which would you rather have, etc.
    Used to carry a G30 occasionally. Not enough, so I went to something else. The G23 is something I firmly believe in. Love the 40S&W Glocks personally. The 4th generation pistols are not something that peak my interests personally. I think I'll be stuck in the 3rd gens for quite some time. If the G30SF would have come about sooner, I might still have a G30. That's neither here nor there. What works best for you is what you should have.

I recently purchased a Gen 4 glock 23 and I love it. The reduced grip size (for me) makes the gun a LOT more comfortable to hold then previous gen glocks. I have about 1000 rounds through mine and it runs like a well oiled machine. The recoil is also a bit less then gen 3 23's because of the dual recoil assembly. All in all a great weapon. My SP101 is my primary EDC but I take the 23 if I'm going to a higher danger level area and it is also my night stand gun.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

i have a gen 3 G23. its my first glock and after shooting and carrying the G23 there will be more glocks in my future. its a bit heavier than what i was carrying but quickly got used to it and now it doesnt bother me at all. its acuarcy right from the box is impressive and makes me look good at the range. it feeds well, comfortable in my hand and the recoil that alot of people dont like about the .40sw isnt bad at all. i could shoot this gun all day. the only thing that took me some getting used to is the mag release. it took some time to get it so i can eject the mag quickly but its a non issue anymore.

Links