Single Stack 9mm choices

This is a discussion on Single Stack 9mm choices within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by WHEC724 You mentioned the PM9, but left it out of the poll? I've shot the PM9, but it just didn't feel right ...

View Poll Results: Which single stack 9mm would you choose?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kahr K9 Elite

39 16.39%
  • Walther PPS

57 23.95%
  • Kahr CW9

52 21.85%
  • 2 Keltec PF9's

38 15.97%
  • Ruger LC9

34 14.29%
  • Taurus 709 Slim

18 7.56%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Single Stack 9mm choices

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    You mentioned the PM9, but left it out of the poll?
    I've shot the PM9, but it just didn't feel right in my hand because it was too small. Comparing it to the dimensions of the Sig P239 that's coming out, I think the 239 will be too small for me, too. Believe me, though, after shooting my friend's Sig, I would really love to get one some point down the road - it was such a pleasure to shoot.

I figured the PPS would win out, but I just haven't dedicated as much research to it as many of the other guns I listed. What kind of trigger does it have?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunKeen View Post
    I've shot the PM9, but it just didn't feel right in my hand because it was too small. Comparing it to the dimensions of the Sig P239 that's coming out, I think the 239 will be too small for me, too. Believe me, though, after shooting my friend's Sig, I would really love to get one some point down the road - it was such a pleasure to shoot.

I figured the PPS would win out, but I just haven't dedicated as much research to it as many of the other guns I listed. What kind of trigger does it have?
    The P290 is the new Sig 9mm comming out. The P239 is larger, click the link I gave you.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

kpw
    I could love a 239 DAK. There a tad thick for a single stack but it's a sweet gun.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I voted CW9 because I do carry one frequently. 8 ounces lighter than the K9 Elite gets my nod, and mine has been flawless in function.
    Ditto for me. However, if Glock came out with a single stack nine then I would also be of the same opinion of the OP and that would be my choice hands down.
    God bless our troops!

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    The P290 is the new Sig 9mm comming out. The P239 is larger, click the link I gave you.
    My bad. Meant to quote Snowman. I've certainly taken serious look at the p239, and it's still a consideration. If I start getting into that width-range, though, I'd probably go for a Glock 26 or something else with a larger mag capacity.

Distinguished Member Array PAcanis's Avatar
    The one I'm wearing now isn't on there either, the Kahr P9. It's the only one I can speak for and would get my vote. It's more comfortable in a King-Tuk than my LCP in that Fist kydex holster.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Tough to beat a Kahr. Many choices here to tailor to your individual needs. The K9 is rock solid so I voted for it. I carry a P9 though. I really like the 9mm Kahrs, they all shoot well and are so easy to conceal. I like the Kahr trigger over all the other choices. The Walther is a good choice too.

Gratuitous photo of Kahrs.

I voted CW9. My friend recently bought one and I was really surprised after shooting it. Seems like a solid all around pistol.
    XD45c, XD9sc, LCP

Just FYI but the S&W 3913 has been called one of the best single stack 9mm guns out there. You might want to give them a look.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

PPS - superb. I have 6600 rounds through a First Edition 9MM

Quote Originally Posted by Datsun40146 View Post
    Just FYI but the S&W 3913 has been called one of the best single stack 9mm guns out there. You might want to give them a look.
    I've heard about that one and it certainly caught my interest! Are they still being produced? If not, it still looks like you can find them used for pretty cheap. If I find a pair for $350 a piece that'd equal 1 Kahr K9 Elite.....definitely something to think about. Raleigh is having their quarterly Dixie Gun and Knife Show at the fairgrounds this weekend, so I may lead myself into temptation and pay a visit.

Here's the trend I'm noticing with the K9, PPS, and CW9 - everyone who has bought one of these in the past couple of years has been happy with their choice. Looks like I can't go wrong if I pick either the K9 or the PPS. I understand the PPS is DAO, but some comments I've seen in the past say it's a fairly heavy pull...is this true?

I chose the CW9 for the price, because I wanted to try the Kahr line of pistols as inexpensively as possible. Until I saw how well they carried and shot. Man, I am not disappointed! Over 1,000 rounds with no problems after the first two magazines. One failure to eject in each of the first two magazines. After that flawless! I am not a revolver shooter, so I have had to work on my double action skills, but the Kahr line has the smoothest long double action trigger I have shot. The pistol is light, 21 ounces with 7+1, compact, thin, and reliable! After shooting for years, trying many pistols I love the CW9 and it is my carry pistol! Which ever model you buy you will not be sorry!

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Keltec PF9 all the way

I have a KelTec PF9 and I have no complaints about it. But if I had the money at the time of purchase, I would have picked up a PPS.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    I carry an MK9 a lot. Someday I would like to pick up a K9. The inch(ish) difference in height, length and rubber grip would be nice for control. If you wear it on a belt the weight wont be a big deal.

The stainless Kahr's are very nice pistols.
    Nice lookinng weapon been trying to decide on the pm9 thats 8 ounces less and a little cheaper the SS MK9, I do like the looks of SS
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links