Single Stack 9mm choices - Page 4

Single Stack 9mm choices

This is a discussion on Single Stack 9mm choices within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I must agree with sigmanluke. I Carry a Sig P239 and it is very confortable. It is totally reliable. It shoots and feels like a ...

View Poll Results: Which single stack 9mm would you choose?

Voters
238. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kahr K9 Elite

39 16.39%
  • Walther PPS

57 23.95%
  • Kahr CW9

52 21.85%
  • 2 Keltec PF9's

38 15.97%
  • Ruger LC9

34 14.29%
  • Taurus 709 Slim

18 7.56%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Single Stack 9mm choices

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I must agree with sigmanluke. I Carry a Sig P239 and it is very confortable. It is totally reliable. It shoots and feels like a larger gun (low recoil becauase of the weight), and it is very accurate. Quick follow up shots are easy and accurate. With a good holster it should be very confortable.

That Sig P290 looks awesome! (for me). I am looking for a smaller 9mm. Thanks for the tip.

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    I simply can't believe that nobody has yet mentioned the Springfield Armory EMP. Kimber and Wilson also make single stack 9's on 1911 frames.......
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Didn't vote, as I am holding out for a compact Glock single stack 9

YMMV

2 PF9's like mine allot , carries easy and shoots good. Been reliable from the get go also.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    I would have picked the Keltec PM9 but you tossed it out.
    The Walther PPS is a TOTALLY different design than other walthers, and it's well tested by consumers now.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

I did not vote because I really haven't researched these guns before, let alone shot one.

However, I would probably lean towards the Walther or one of the Kahrs. I would have to do research and at a very minimum hold them and go through their manual of arms. And of course would prefer to shoot them as well.

I would also consider the new Ruger LC9 after having the opportunity to closely scrutinize it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I voted for the CW9 as it is the closest thing to my all-time favorite carry gun, the Kahr P9. To ME, the two most important criteria for a carry weapon are thickness and weight. The P9 is thin, light, accurate and dependable.

The Sig 239, already mentioned several times, is a fine pistol. I have a P239 SAS Gen 2 and enjoy shooting it. However, besides being thick and heavy it has a DA/SA trigger. For many years, I carried one of two DA/SA semi-autos. After training that emphasized both accuracy and speed (in that order), I concluded that the DA/SA trigger was an unnecessary and undesirable compromise. For defensive use, I strongly recommend SA, DAO or striker-fired pistols over DA/SA choices.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunde View Post
    Didn't vote, as I am holding out for a compact Glock single stack 9

YMMV
    Keep holding!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I voted for the LC9 though the MK9 which isn't on the list is an awful good gun but Kahr's cost 50% more than the competition. That said, I'm 5'-8" tall, 170 lbs, and I can carry a Glock 26 no problem in a CrossBreed SuperTuck. I'm on the list for the first LC9 that comes into my local dealer for days when summer clothes might make the 26 harder to pack than the LC9 but I want more than the LCP. My "gun for when nothing else conceals" is an LCP.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

The Taurus 709 is a POS. Not accurate, feeds poorly. Great form factor - feels great in your hand and has all the bells and whistles, but I'm trading mine in ASAP.
    Human Beings understand Reason, Compassion, and Dignity

Predators understand Strength

My vote's for the Kahr CW9. I've had one for years and I love it. Great shooter, and easily concealable. The trigger is fantastic IMO.

I had a Kahr PM9 and CW45. both jammed uncontrollably. Kahr CS was spectacularly unhelpful, so no more Kahr's for me. I'm looking at the Kimber Solo ( I have already had a chance to handle one, and I love it.), Sig P290, and Ruger LC9.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    my Kahr CW9 has been excellent in every way since June of '09. So far a pretty low round count (847 to be exact), but not the first malfunction of any kind. I will buy the CM9 (compact version of the CW9) when it's available this Spring.

I carry a PPS every day but I'm also a huge fan of Sig Sauers and have a P6 (among many other Sigs) that is a great shooter too.

I prefer the double / single action triggers on Sigs but the PPS is a great buy, is VERY slim and very accurate also.
    enk5 likes this.

What are the chances you'll be able to test fire the ones you like the way they feel/handle? At least the Elite, PPS, 709S then you may be surprised at the decision "almost" made for yourself * So let us know the outcome

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links