Any Springer EMP owners?

This is a discussion on Any Springer EMP owners? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking about getting a Springer EMP 9mm. Anyone who owns one....can you give me your evaluation and/or issues with this gun? Thanks...

Thread: Any Springer EMP owners?

Any Springer EMP owners?

I am thinking about getting a Springer EMP 9mm. Anyone who owns one....can you give me your evaluation and/or issues with this gun? Thanks
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Mine doesn't qualify -- it's a Springfield Micro Compact .45, the GI.45. But I love it. Does that count?
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Not sure what the diff is....the one I am looking at is EMP....Enhanced Micro Pistol.....looks like you avatar.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

My avatar is the GI.45 Micro Compact. The difference is essentially mine is a .45, and therefore the grip will be a bit fatter, but all other dimensions are the same.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.

Go over to the 1911forum under Springfield Armory. A big share of the discussion revolves around the EMP. It is a nice gun. It feels like a perfect extension of your hand. Light weight and very easy recoil. Some have some issues out of the box but SA seems to have been very responsive in making the appropriate repairs/adjustments.

While I do not own the EMP, I have shot the 9mm version numerous times. It is a finely made 1911 pistol. If I decide to buy a 9mm 1911 this is the one. I am a lefty and found the ambidextrous safety to be easy to use, with a positive click on and off. The grip seems long for the barrel but makes the pistol very controllable! I keep hoping Springfield will make a 4 inch barrel. The 3 inch barrel points fast and the trigger is light. It is a fast and accurate shooter.

I was not wild about the field stripping process or cleaning. It is not that hard to field strip and clean, Just narrow rails and the little plastic part to compress the recoil spring must be used or you can not remove the recoil spring and barrel. These are minor issues in an other wise outstanding design. As far as my limited knowledge goes, no other 9mm 1911 is remade from the ground up! Great pistol!

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Interesting comment on the field stripping. My GI.45 Micro, essentially the same size though quite a bit heavier, strips down like a single mom on the pole on a Friday night -- easy and quick. There's no plastic to be worried about .... of course, that is what contributes to the heft.

I carry mine in a Remora clipless holster and feel very comfortable with the gun.

They're great guns. Mine had some issues which Springfield quickly fixed & had it back within 1 week, and it has been a great gun. You can't go wrong with it, unless you just don't like 1911 style guns.

Springfield Armory... EMP's ... mine is the 9mm.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I have an emp 9mm. Absolutely love it. Favorite of my 'family of five.'
    Mine had some initial issues (FTFs)...sent it in...SA's custom shop tuned it up...not a single miss since (1100+ rounds.)
    Accurate. Great trigger. Low recoil. Points naturally. Easily concealed. Great ergos. And looks terrific.
    Try to find one to shoot. You'll see what I mean.
    Some say the night sights a bit difficult to acquire during the day. I don't have that problem...and my eyes aren't great.
    It's true that a Glock or Sig is much easier to field strip. But after a few runs, the emp isn't a problem at all.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

I have owned 3 9mm EMPs. One worked fine, one didn't work (9 FTF & 1 FTE in 319 rounds, all but 75 of those FMJ) and the third I sold unfired.

I really wanted this gun to be my EDC gun, I just don't have faith in it. I was ready to send the one that didn't work back to Springfield (already had the return shipping slip) but traded it in on something else instead.

The one that worked was sold to a good friend who really likes it alot.

Oh well, the EMP is just not for me.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

From day one I have had zero issues.
    b.

I have one and like it, but have problems with FTE with WWB. One day I will send it in to SA for them to repair. God Bless

They are great guns here is a pic of mine

http://forums.1911forum.com/attachme...0&d=1295051774

Links