Sig Sauer

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by RockStrongo Ah.. the 1911 design turns 100, and now you are looking for a younger model. shame.. I'd love to have a ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by RockStrongo View Post
    Ah.. the 1911 design turns 100, and now you are looking for a younger model. shame.. I'd love to have a 220.. I spotted a few in the CDNN catalog that may pique your interest.. They are the single action version that would be quite familiar to you coming from the 1911.
    Oh! My 1911's are never left behind!

2. Remove Ads

I'm Happy now.
    My dealer called and she found a Sig Sauer carry elite stainless, so I quick called sig with the sn and that gun has a birthday of Dec 2010. My dealer headed out of town so it won't be for a week or so before I can pick it up.
    Thats ok I am a patient man. Besides in the mean time I'm going to a local dealer to pick up a sig EQ full size that will have a few rds thru it before the stainless gets here. The EQ has a birthday june 2010.
    Well there went the christmas money I got from the wife.

Distinguished Member
    You'll love your SIG. I currently have a 228R and just bought a 220 Carry Dark Elite.

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    You'll love your SIG. I currently have a 228R and just bought a 220 Carry Dark Elite.
    Your dark elite is the one I almost decided on before getting the stainless version, I just wanted a all stainless. Hows the dark elite shoot?
    I will most likely end up with a dark at some later date.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
    Your dark elite is the one I almost decided on before getting the stainless version, I just wanted a all stainless. Hows the dark elite shoot?
    I will most likely end up with a dark at some later date.
    I haven't shot it yet, heck I can't even take it home yet until the wonderful NY paperwork gets approved and the pistol is added to my permit.

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    I haven't shot it yet, heck I can't even take it home yet until the wonderful NY paperwork gets approved and the pistol is added to my permit.
    OH Bummer I guess we are kinda in the same boat My ordered my Elite and left town so I need to wait also until she returns to pick mine up. You will have to come back and update us on this thread maybe.

I have a 1996 built nickel plated P220 in mint condition. or it was the last time I saw it. It was stolen in August and recovered in September, and has been sitting in the police evidence locker since. I'm told it's still in great shape. In addition to being a classy looking pistol, mine has been 100% and quite accurate. I carry it occasionally, but since I have 8 or 9 other 45's that are smaller and lighter, not that often.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I carried a 220 on duty and off for almost 8 years now. It is my opinion that the 220 is in the top three finest combat pistols ever made.
    What Sixto said. My 220 is one of my favorite carry guns, and is both accurate and absolutely reliable.
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

I was looking for another 1911A1 pistol when I stumbled upon my P220SAO. Full size SIG in 45ACP is so well balanced for me, and the single action is something I'll always want in that caliber since that's what I grew up on. Maybe that's why my previous 45ACP Glocks lasted only a few short years. I had to get back to square one. As far as my opinions of any SIG pistol, they revolve solely around my experience with my P220SAO. Excellent in my opinion. My SIG will be with me until the day I close my eyes for good. I'm all Glock other than my single SIG. But I do have reason to believe that my very last pull on the trigger might be the.......................................... Despite me carrying a Glock each and every day. Destiny is a difficult thing to nail down since it's something that constantly evolves. Knowing your true destiny means knowing your end. We shouldn't have to deal with that so long as we live. Twas meant to be.

sig p232 is a great gun to carry i love it

Thumbs up P220

The P220 is a fine weapon can't say a bad thing about it? I've never had a FTF, stove pipe and the two dot sights on most sigs I wish more makers would go to that kind of system, great for followup shots. And unlike my 239 that I let a friend nag me out of the P220 wont be going anywhere, had some pistols out this afternoon wiping them down with my new bottle of ''Miltec" I found at a gunshow this past weekend look so good had to take a pic, you see who's out front don't ya
    Attached Images
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
    Hello all
    I carry a full size 1911 and am thinking of moving to a Sig sauer for my primary for awhile. Awhile means years for me. Anyone that carries or has carried a Sig sauer please reply with your opinions.
    I bought a 220 17+ years ago as a lighter and shorter alternative to my five-inch 1911. Moving from the SA 1911 to the (almost) traditional DA 220 took a little bit of effort to master (mostly that first shot, then remembering to decock) but now I can jump between the two guns and not even think about it. The gun is shorter and lighter than a 1911, but it's also thicker in the grip. People with small hands or short fingers might find it ergonomically less than ideal.

The 220 probably has at most 3000-4000 rounds through it, since it's mostly a desk drawer gun these days (but that could change). About 3 years ago Sig was running an overhaul deal that I couldn't resist - clean, inspect, replace all springs, smooth out the action and trigger and add night sights for under $200 + airfare. As good as the gun was, it came back even better. It's also the most accurate out-of-the-box handgun I ever bought.

Need any more glowing remarks about how good a gun it is???
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I shoot the Sig P220 better than any other double action handgun. As already mentioned it's well balanced pleasing to the eyes and when you hold it. You know your holding a top quality pistol. I won't be parting with mine until I die either.

I carry a 220 Carry off duty. I have yet to have a problem with the gun and it is easy to conceal and I'm not a huge guy at all.

The SIG 220EQ is a very nice looking handgun.
    I don't EDC mine but at the range it has been accurate right out of the box!

Lateck,

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links