Sig Sauer

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Eagleeye: Since you say that you are a 1911 fan, then the P220 is definitely the way to go. If you should ever want to ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Eagleeye:

Since you say that you are a 1911 fan, then the P220 is definitely the way to go.

If you should ever want to have an accuracy job done on the gun, I can highly recommend sending a P220 to Bar-Sto Precision.

They will install one of their fine match barrels in a P220 for $215 for the barrel, and another $175 for fitting the barrel to your gun.

Their barrels are stainless steel, and look pretty awesome in a P220, like in mine in the photo below:

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I think that the best model is the Sig Sauer P220 .45 Auto. It is one of the best combat pistols ever designed and it is the bestselling Sig Sauer.

This is the one I want!!!!

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
    OH Bummer I guess we are kinda in the same boat My ordered my Elite and left town so I need to wait also until she returns to pick mine up. You will have to come back and update us on this thread maybe.
    I will update. I'm sure you'll have your's before I do.

Also interesting is my 220 is completely US made/assembled. It has a serial prefixed with 37A instead of the usual G prefix of frames made in Germany. It also has no German markings at all. Frame says SIG Sauer Inc. Exeter, NH, USA.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    Eagleeye:

Since you say that you are a 1911 fan, then the P220 is definitely the way to go.

If you should ever want to have an accuracy job done on the gun, I can highly recommend sending a P220 to Bar-Sto Precision.

They will install one of their fine match barrels in a P220 for $215 for the barrel, and another $175 for fitting the barrel to your gun.

Their barrels are stainless steel, and look pretty awesome in a P220, like in mine in the photo below:

I will keep your suggestion in mind because I always end up fitting my carry guns to me. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    I think that the best model is the Sig Sauer P220 .45 Auto. It is one of the best combat pistols ever designed and it is the bestselling Sig Sauer.

This is the one I want!!!!

This is the one I'm getting except I went with the carry model instead of the full size you pictured. I thank they are one of the best Sigs. I also like the P220 carry dark. hell I like them all!

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    I will update. I'm sure you'll have your's before I do.

Also interesting is my 220 is completely US made/assembled. It has a serial prefixed with 37A instead of the usual G prefix of frames made in Germany. It also has no German markings at all. Frame says SIG Sauer Inc. Exeter, NH, USA.
    Anticipation waiting for it will only make it better and more appreciated. RIGHT?

In the early 90's my dept purchased and issued the P229 .40s&w to all our officers, and as of when I retired in 2008 not one of those pistols ever needed a repair. Very reliable pistols.

My P229 in .40 is the handgun that has the most rounds through it of any in my collection by far. It has jammed twice, and both were squib loads that could hardly be blamed on the gun. The SIG pistols are excellent. Just avoid their 1911 line, I say based on my experiences with them.

I carried a 226 for years and moved in 2010 to the 220. Absolutely flawless weapons. I tend to prefer the "Classic" Sigs, but unlike an earlier reply I also like my 250, as well. the DAO takes getting used to but once you do, the 250 will shoot just as well as the classics.

I've previously owned a SIG P226, the most accurate handgun I've ever owned. My son now carries a P239 9mm. A very good friend had a P220. A superb shot, in his hands that 220 could nail a coke can on demand at 75 yards. Yeah, Sig makes some good guns.

I have a P220 and I couldn't ask for a better gun. I had a little bit of break in period for it. But overall its a great gun. Well worth the money. I'm a 1911 guy also. But the Sig is a great replacement while the 1911 takes a break.
    It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?

keep your nose in the wind, and your eyes along the skyline.

Quote Originally Posted by RockStrongo View Post
    Ah.. the 1911 design turns 100, and now you are looking for a younger model. shame.. I'd love to have a 220.. I spotted a few in the CDNN catalog that may pique your interest.. They are the single action version that would be quite familiar to you coming from the 1911.
    Single Action P220's ?? That is just so very wrong.

That would be as great a heresy as owning a DA 1911.

The appropriate punishment for buying one of these guns should be being burned at the stake.

The Gun I use the most out of my colection is the P239 sas gen 1 I never had a problem works all the time at the range. a+++++ It is lighter tan my 1911 and smaller with the Galco holster perfect fit

Quote Originally Posted by Viper7 View Post
    I have a 1996 built nickel plated P220 in mint condition. or it was the last time I saw it. It was stolen in August and recovered in September, and has been sitting in the police evidence locker since. I'm told it's still in great shape. In addition to being a classy looking pistol, mine has been 100% and quite accurate.
    Why are the police refusing to return your pistol to you? Those older 100% German made P220's are true classics, and better made than today's guns. One in such excellent condition like that would still be worth a lot of money. You should retain a lawyer to help you protect your rights, if they are still holding your gun 4 months after recovering it.

The police in Oakland, CA recovered my Anschutz Model 1408 Standard Target Rifle after it had been taken from my Dad's home in a burglary. I was away at college at the time of the theft. My father was alerted to the recovery, but the Oakland police refused to give it back to us, despite the fact that it was just a single shot match target rimfire rifle. The rifle was still worth close to $1,000, and my father was upset that the police would not return his property to him. My father finally had to hire an attorney, who ended up helping my Dad get it back. When we did pick it up, the officer who gave us the rifle profusely appologized when he handed it over to us. For the gun's bolt was now missing from it.

He could not account for this, and admitted to us that the last time he had seen the rifle, the bolt was still on it.

I sure hope your efforts to get your gun back are more positive than what my Dad and I had to endure. We were treated very poorly.

My P220 is also a nickel plated model made in Germany back in the 1990's So your pistol must look a lot like mine.

Although I did have Bar-Sto hand fit one of their stainless match target barrels to mine. It is one of the stars in my pistol collection, in my opinion. I would be very upset if I was being kept from possessing mine.

VIP Member
    I have a P220R Elite Carry in stainless and it's one sweet gun to shoot but... honestly, it's too dang heavy for me to carry. I'm 5' 11" and 225lbs. It's a lot of gun!

ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links