Sig Sauer

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello all I carry a full size 1911 and am thinking of moving to a Sig sauer for my primary for awhile. Awhile means years ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer

Sig Sauer

Hello all
    I carry a full size 1911 and am thinking of moving to a Sig sauer for my primary for awhile. Awhile means years for me. Anyone that carries or has carried a Sig sauer please reply with your opinions. Weight and size does not bother me as I said I have been carrying a 3lb full size 1911 for years.
    The two sigs I would like the most opinions on are the sig sauer P220 EQ full size and the P220 carry elite stainless. Both of which are already smaller and lighter than my 1911 presently carried.

However I would really like and appreciate all replies on any sig handgun.
    I'm just a 45 ACP kinda guy for carry.
    thanks

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    The only thing I could about Sig is that I have a Mosquito and love it. I had a FTE issue, and when I called Sig to ask if there was something I could do to correct it they just said, send it here, we'll take care of it. Primo customer service.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Welcome to the forum eagleeye.

I've had a P220 for about two years now and I've been very pleased with it.

(Mine is a range pistol, I use something else for concealed carry BTW.)

It's very accurate and reliable. I've put about 1600 rds. of assorted fmj and jhp ammo through it with zero failures so far.

The P220 is very easy to disassemble for cleaning and requires no break-in period.

I think it's a fine handgun by any measure.

Here's a picture of it when it came home:

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Coltman 77 View Post
    Welcome to the forum eagleeye.

I've had a P220 for about two years now and I've been very pleased with it.

(Mine is a range pistol, I use something else for concealed carry BTW.)

It's very accurate and reliable. I've put about 1600 rds. of assorted fmj and jhp ammo through it with zero failures so far.

The P220 is very easy to disassemble for cleaning and requires no break-in period.

I think it's a fine handgun by any measure.

Here's a picture of it when it came home:

These sig pistols really seem to be built good and are great looking gun aren't
    they?

Administrator
    I carried a 220 on duty and off for almost 8 years now. It is my opinion that the 220 is in the top three finest combat pistols ever made.
    "Just blame Sixto"

SIXTO; Just out curiosity what are the other two in the top three in your opinion. I would say the 1911 And I really can't name another.

VIP Member
    I have a P226 and a P239, love both of them, no issues with either.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Another Sig fan

I am a Sig fan and have 5 of them including a P220 stainless and a P245 compact. I think they are reliable, accurate guns. The only two that I have carried, however, are the P239 in 9mm and the P229 in .40 caliber. I haven't carried either of my .45 Sigs so far. I do like the DA/SA trigger system with decocker for a carry gun. The Sig DA pull is smooth enough that it doesn't seem to hamper first shot accuracy.

Although the P220 model is certainly a reasonable size and weight for carry, I tend to gravitate towards slightly smaller Sigs for ease of concealment. My favorite is the P239, a compact gun that is easily concealed and available in 3 different calibers.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    I have two P228s, a P239SAS, and a P230. The "classic" P series Sigs are, hands down, among the very finest fighting pistols ever made. You absolutely won't go wrong with any of them (especially if size/weight aren't of primary concern).
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleeye View Post
    SIXTO; Just out curiosity what are the other two in the top three in your opinion. I would say the 1911 And I really can't name another.
    The Glock and Sig classic platforms, and of course the 1911.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ah.. the 1911 design turns 100, and now you are looking for a younger model. shame.. I'd love to have a 220.. I spotted a few in the CDNN catalog that may pique your interest.. They are the single action version that would be quite familiar to you coming from the 1911.
    Attached Images

SIXTO; I agree!

Another happy owner. My 228 has 15K plus through it with ZERO failures do to the weapon. The only failure I have ever had was with a bad aftermarket mag. Tossed the mag, no further issue.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

VIP Member
    I carry my P220R both on and off duty. It is the finest handgun I have ever fired, bar none.

I am a huge Sig fan, I now own more than 8 including handguns and rifles. I have only found 1 Sig that I don't love, the P250. The "Classic" Sigs are beyond anything else on the market IMO.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

The 220 is an excellent weapon, very accurate. Great chooice in a combat firearm.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links