Sigma or Glock?

This is a discussion on Sigma or Glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A better question would be, would you rather have a Sigma and $200 or a Glock if it was given to you as your only ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Sigma or Glock?

Distinguished Member
    A better question would be, would you rather have a Sigma and $200 or a Glock if it was given to you as your only pistol.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Well, some people have went as far as saying this was a stupid thread. Usually, I just ignore the threads I think are stupid, but as suppose some must be heard. So, to answer your question, my reason for asking this question was to see how many people that defend the Sigma would pick it over the Glock if they could have either free of charge.
    C Hawk Glock, if my thread bothered you or offended your sensibility, I am sorry. I will try to remain on a more intellectual level with you in the future.
    soooo... is there a point? If someone asked if you could choose between 2 knifes an $80 name brand knife or an $8 hardware store special... which would you choose? Now if you could only afford the $8 knife would you go without one until you could save for the $80 one? Many people wouldn't. If you needed a power drill to build a fence but couldn't afford a makita or dewalt... would you buy a cheaper one you could afford or would you go without one? Many people would buy one they could afford, because it is a tool that will get the job done.

The thing is the Sigma is an entry level pistol with an entry level price. It isn't competing with glock it is competing with other entry level pistols like a P11, hi point, and other cheaper pistols. When you get to glock money your choices are quite a lot more. This thread is pointless.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Niether
    Current collection: Too many according to the wife...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    soooo... is there a point? If someone asked if you could choose between 2 knifes an $80 name brand knife or an $8 hardware store special... which would you choose? Now if you could only afford the $8 knife would you go without one until you could save for the $80 one? Many people wouldn't. If you needed a power drill to build a fence but couldn't afford a makita or dewalt... would you buy a cheaper one you could afford or would you go without one? Many people would buy one they could afford, because it is a tool that will get the job done.

The thing is the Sigma is an entry level pistol with an entry level price. It isn't competing with glock it is competing with other entry level pistols like a P11, hi point, and other cheaper pistols. When you get to glock money your choices are quite a lot more. This thread is pointless.
    Chill out bro. If you don't like the thread you can quit posting in it at any time.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Definitely GLOCK. I've shot both, mostly my Glock 19 but also a friends Sigma. The Sigma I shot had a nasty trigger in it. Really heavy and really long pull. If there was money involved and the Sigma was all you could afford I would say go for it but if money isn't an issue between the two the Glock wins hands down IMO.
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Chill out bro. If you don't like the thread you can quit posting in it at any time.
    I'm wasn't fired up.... just thought I would make a point. People buy sigmas because they are a good deal. People buy Glocks because they are reputable, durable and accurate. It just seemed like a thread to artificially inflate the ego while putting down a product in a subtle way....
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    many people in this thread asked the same question he did, don't single him out. His point is actually valid, in asking what is the point in asking this same tired question asked one million times on ten thousand message boards.

Who in their right mind, would take the imitation version of anything, whether it be guns, donuts, cigarettes, or shoe laces, when the original is available, at the same exact price.

Even if 999,999,999 agree to take the original, one person could still have a preference for the knock off. So what of it? Who cares? Why do Glock owners keep finding the need to push the opinion that Glocks are the best handguns.

Even if 999,999,999 pick the Sigma, what does it do for Glock Owners? Nothing, look at RamRod's sig: Eat, Breathe, Sleep Glock, with a pic of a glock over the earth. Thats serious dedication there, and he is no different that the 1000 glock owners that I know. It would take a trumatic brain injury to change a Glock lovers mind, and even then, muscle memory of the goofy way you have to hold the ugly brick at that ackward angle would STILL prevent a Glock lover from shooting anything else.

Had 'em both. Kept the Glock.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS!

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    many people in this thread asked the same question he did, don't single him out. His point is actually valid, in asking what is the point in asking this same tired question asked one million times on ten thousand message boards.

Who in their right mind, would take the imitation version of anything, whether it be guns, donuts, cigarettes, or shoe laces, when the original is available, at the same exact price.

Even if 999,999,999 agree to take the original, one person could still have a preference for the knock off. So what of it? Who cares? Why do Glock owners keep finding the need to push the opinion that Glocks are the best handguns.

Even if 999,999,999 pick the Sigma, what does it do for Glock Owners? Nothing, look at RamRod's sig: Eat, Breathe, Sleep Glock, with a pic of a glock over the earth. Thats serious dedication there, and he is no different that the 1000 glock owners that I know. It would take a trumatic brain injury to change a Glock lovers mind, and even then, muscle memory of the goofy way you have to hold the ugly brick at that ackward angle would STILL prevent a Glock lover from shooting anything else.
    First off, that was funny!

Second, its the same when you go down the list of Sig, M&P, and (dare I utter) 1911 fans out there! If you think this is bad, write a post saying that the 1911 platform sucks. You'd have to change your name and move to a new country to get away from the flames!

I say that to say this....YES, GLOCK LOVERS LOVE THERE GLOCKS!

Does this thread have any substance to it? Your call. But if making a valid point was a requirement for posting something, this and every other forum would be a short read.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Glock..... then I would sale it and get the Sigma and pocket the rest of the money. Can not over look the fact that I can't get my Sigma is jam nor can I overlook the fact that Smith and Wesson CS is MUCH better than Glocks.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Glock.

Easy.
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Don’t mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

Quote Originally Posted by GlockJS View Post
    First off, that was funny!

Second, its the same when you go down the list of Sig, M&P, and (dare I utter) 1911 fans out there! If you think this is bad, write a post saying that the 1911 platform sucks. You'd have to change your name and move to a new country to get away from the flames!

I say that to say this....YES, GLOCK LOVERS LOVE THERE GLOCKS!
    Does this thread have any substance to it? Your call. But if making a valid point was a requirement for posting something, this and every other forum would be a short read.
    LOL! I didn't say the platform sucked! I just don't like it. It's also true story that Glocks are very ugly. Good thing ugly is okay for a weapon, as the AK-47 is also very ugly eh?

EDIT: Oh man, don't even MENTION saying anything bad about the 1911, that just might get ya arrested and charged with treason in some cities.

First of all, I did not know that this was a tired old question asked a thousand times on other message boards. You see, this is one of only two forums I have ever participated in, as I usually am out really doing the things that we talk about here.

Secondly, just because you do not understand my reasoning for asking a question, which last I heard, was perfectly acceptable on a public forum, does not mean I dont have a reason in mind.

Thirdly, why is it assumed that I am trying to push off my preference of preferred weapon on anyone else? Carry what you carry, do what you do, its not my concern. Now the way I see it, you have a couple of choices here. You can contribute your choice and articulate your reasoning behind it if so desired, or , you can complain that you dont like this thread and you think its stupid and spend time and effort posting an opinion to that , which is questionable in itself.

wow, why even ask this painfully loaded question.

Just buy a simple search of this forum, or the rest of the internet, clearly, Jesus Christ himself recommends Glock over any and all manner of handgun.

Glocks where built on the 8th day. Glocks are so Holy that a saint can shoot his glock into a dead guy and actually bring him back to life! True Story Bro!

In the end, why would you ever take a clone of anything, when there is no other concerns, when you could have an original? Knock offs are second class, Sigmas will always be nothing more that Glock knock offs.

No price concern? No other things to conscider, then by God, pick the Jesus hammer.
    Isn't there a verse that directs a man to sell his cloak and buy a Glock?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    Glock. It comes down to the fact that it's just a better gun! you can compare any two guns and someone will always pick the "other gun". If you take them side by side in the same tests the glock WILL win that battle.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Links