Sigma or Glock?

This is a discussion on Sigma or Glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Isn't there a verse that directs a man to sell his cloak and buy a Glock? I think Slave is not ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Sigma or Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Isn't there a verse that directs a man to sell his cloak and buy a Glock?
    I think Slave is not feeling the love because he is a Smith&Wesson M&P kind of guy. To which I say, got no problem with the M&P. I dont care for them, but thats why we have a variety in life.

2. Remove Ads

Pringles can.

The one and only thing I never liked about my Glock.....other Glock owners

I am going to pick up a M&P and buy my neighbors Sigma. I want to take them and compare them to my own Glock in a real comparison consisting of subjecting them to some things that I have done with my Glock.

For those of you who remember last year I went on vacation and carried my G26 to the ocean, where I wore it in the surf for several days, then completely submerged it twice and let it dry. I did not rinse it off but let the salt stay on it for the last six days. I took it home fired it with no problems and then took it down for a good cleaning. I found no rust except for a small speck on the inside of the slide. I still carry it all the time and it is in perfect shape.

Now this may not be considered a relevant test to some people, and totally meaninless to others. But I want to know what I can expect out of my carry piece in the most extreme conditions. So, I will take the M&P and Sigma on vacation this summer and subject them to the same thing, along with my g26 again to see how they hold up.
    I am especially curious as how the M&P will hold up as it has positioned itself against the Glock as the main competition.

I am glad that not everyone likes Glocks...they'd be three times as expensive.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I am glad that not everyone likes Glocks...they'd be three times as expensive.
    MY GOODNESS! You are exactly right! Thats probably the best way of looking at it.

Administrator
    Well, there is absolutely no doubt that S&W ia able to produce an extremely high quality semi-automatic. In the past they certainly have done so.
    Shoot & handle a S&W Model 41 .22 semi-auto some day.
    Absolutely....one of the finest & most accurate rimfire handguns ever produced with one of the best factory triggers ever put into any handgun...ever...bar none.

Glock spends and incredible amount of precision machine time to produce each glock slide & barrel.
    15 hours of man/machine time to crank out a Glock slide & their factory barrels are extremely high quality. They are basically factory "Match Grade" barrels.
    So there certainly is a lot of effort going into every Glock pistol produced.

Regarding FRAMES....Polymer is Polymer and the injection molding technology & technique is basically the same everywhere no matter if being done at S&W or Glock.

Would people be looking at the SIGMA differently these days if GLOCK had never/ever produced a Glock? Possibly they would be looking at the SIGMA in an entirely different light.

Would there be SIGMA forums rather than Glock Forums that are filled with SIGMAphiles talking about how to improve the SIGMA trigger with aftermarket SIGMA trigger replacement kits in order to get that perfect 3.5# SIGMA trigger pull? Maybe.

The SIGMA stigma started with the Glock folks getting radically POed that another manufacturer would DARE try to clone copy a Glock and so from that point forward a Sigma could never equal a Glock even IF the SIGMA would have been initially introduced with a much better, sweeter, and more refined trigger pull.

It still would have been deemed to be an illegal, inferior substandard "Glock Clone" due to the fact that Glock already had a very strong die-hard following.

The SIGMA began life in an atmosphere of nearly total resentment and it has been suffering from that ever since.

Honestly I have never done a complete disassembly of a SIGMA so I am not qualified to judge how one stacks up against the other on a "part by part" basis.

It might be an interesting project for somebody...sometime.

There are many things that I don't know about the SIGMA...I don't know if the slide is cast or forged/machined & I don't know anything regarding the specifics of the manufacture of the internals.

I KNOW that S&W can make a damn good barrel.

I know that I have fired a SIGMA and it functioned just fine. The trigger was not great. It was heavy but, I didn't think that it was totally terrible.

I thought that the SIGMA was ergonomically actually better than a Glock.

It's all interesting.

Maybe I'll have to buy a SIGMA some day and tear one apart.

Agreed. If I find or think that either of the two are better or even equal, I will defintely make them apart of my go to guns. Maybe even over the glock, since ergos are better. But ergos are a second and maybe third consideration at this point.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Glock

You could have posted a poll. Keeps sifting through pages of replies to a minimum. No "BS" as to why, or theories, or personal preferences with a straight out poll IMO.

Honestly. You know me. I'd never "BS" you. Can I say Glock again?

Kind of what I thought
    I was looking for a poll.

Oh well, sure you can say Glock again, or wait, I'm a S&W fan And I'll say it for you.

Glock, ,,
    model 32 please.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I'd rather have a beat-up Glock than a brand new Sigma.
    If handguns cause crime, mine are deffective - Ted Nugent

Mmmmm, 1911!

Ok ok, Glock, even though I don't own one. Basically because there are more options for customizing.
    Any firearm that is used in civilian competition,such as Glock, has a bevy of after market accessories. Sigma, with it's unrefined trigger never really advanced beyond being an affordable alternative to Glock. That being said,there isn't much you can do to a Sigma other than shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I think Slave is not feeling the love because he is a Smith&Wesson M&P kind of guy. To which I say, got no problem with the M&P. I dont care for them, but thats why we have a variety in life.
    And you would be 100% incorrect.

I am a handgun man.

For the record, I would never pick up a Sigma over a Glock. That is like Flavoraid over Koolaid. One is a knock off, one is the original.

M&P, Kahr, Magnum Research, Berlini, Springfeild.

Those are at home. I have no brand loyalty. If not for the fact that glocks are fat, and the grip angle is so sharp, I would own glock, but all the rest of the guns I shoot one way, the glock I hate to retrain, and honestly, why do it? If I loved Glocks like people here do, I would, but I don't, so I shoot a variety of good quality, relaible guns, that work great.

First of all, I did not know that this was a tired old question asked a thousand times on other message boards. You see, this is one of only two forums I have ever participated in, as I usually am out really doing the things that we talk about here.

Secondly, just because you do not understand my reasoning for asking a question, which last I heard, was perfectly acceptable on a public forum, does not mean I dont have a reason in mind.

Thirdly, why is it assumed that I am trying to push off my preference of preferred weapon on anyone else? Carry what you carry, do what you do, its not my concern. Now the way I see it, you have a couple of choices here. You can contribute your choice and articulate your reasoning behind it if so desired, or , you can complain that you dont like this thread and you think its stupid and spend time and effort posting an opinion to that , which is questionable in itself

Of course this question has been asked about a Glock vs anything else. Just do a search on this board. There are plenty of questions people had over a certain gun, where a Glock wasn't even a choice, and a Glock Cultie came in and answered Glock.

Coke or Pepsi? Uh Glock!!!11!one!!

I don't care for your reasoning, the thread is obviously a Glock Cult post. Yes, the Glock is better than the SIgma, but most originals are better than knock offs.

Thirdly, I posted because I enjoy conversating on message boards in my down time. People have asanine conversations all the time. Message boards are no different than mindless bar speak over a game of darts or pool. They aren't meant to be taken seriously, people get their chops busted, and laughs all around.

This isn't that serious. The fact that a Glock owner would get offended because I am making light over a post pushing the glorious agenda of the Cult of Glock is hilarious, and very fitting!

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    And you would be 100% incorrect.

I am a handgun man.

For the record, I would never pick up a Sigma over a Glock. That is like Flavoraid over Koolaid. One is a knock off, one is the original.

M&P, Kahr, Magnum Research, Berlini, Springfeild.

Those are at home. I have no brand loyalty. If not for the fact that glocks are fat, and the grip angle is so sharp, I would own glock, but all the rest of the guns I shoot one way, the glock I hate to retrain, and honestly, why do it? If I loved Glocks like people here do, I would, but I don't, so I shoot a variety of good quality, relaible guns, that work great.

Of course this question has been asked about a Glock vs anything else. Just do a search on this board. There are plenty of questions people had over a certain gun, where a Glock wasn't even a choice, and a Glock Cultie came in and answered Glock.

Coke or Pepsi? Uh Glock!!!11!one!!

I don't care for your reasoning, the thread is obviously a Glock Cult post. Yes, the Glock is better than the SIgma, but most originals are better than knock offs.

Thirdly, I posted because I enjoy conversating on message boards in my down time. People have asanine conversations all the time. Message boards are no different than mindless bar speak over a game of darts or pool. They aren't meant to be taken seriously, people get their chops busted, and laughs all around.

This isn't that serious. The fact that a Glock owner would get offended because I am making light over a post pushing the glorious agenda of the Cult of Glock is hilarious, and very fitting!
    Oh definetly not offended. Perhaps the fact that you are new here and I am not used to talking with you has something to do with the perception. Contrary to what you think, this is not a cult post, and if you knew me you would know that is not me. Maybe you should get to know the people here a little better before you start making statements like that.

I did not do a search because this is not a research project, and I was more interested in what the people here I KNOW and have had conversations with in the past thought. Savy? All contributions are welcome, but if you have a problem with my thread, just like guns, there are more here to choose from, but dont come in here and accuse me of being a cultist when you obviously know nothing about me.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Oh definetly not offended. Perhaps the fact that you are new here and I am not used to talking with you has something to do with the perception. Contrary to what you think, this is not a cult post, and if you knew me you would know that is not me. Maybe you should get to know the people here a little better before you start making statements like that.

I did not do a search because this is not a research project, and I was more interested in what the people here I KNOW and have had conversations with in the past thought. Savy?
    The reason that I know that it's not a cult post, is because you didn't include '10 MM' in the title
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    The reason that I know that it's not a cult post, is because you didn't include '10 MM' in the title
    Lol, or a six gun, or big bore bullets! Yes you know me.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Links