The stainless Single Six!

This is a discussion on The stainless Single Six! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sometimes if you keep an eye out you can find a smokin' deal at the gun show. Stainless new model Single Six with both cylinders. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The stainless Single Six!

The stainless Single Six!

Sometimes if you keep an eye out you can find a smokin' deal at the gun show.

Stainless new model Single Six with both cylinders. I seriously can not find a single wear mark on this thing inside or out. $250 even no tax, I think the lovely lady who sold it wanted to take me home with her too

Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

2. Remove Ads

Hoooraaaaaaaah!!!!!!!! nice find.

Any holster suggestions, need something to carry it in when hunting squirrel and rabbit.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    Any holster suggestions, need something to carry it in when hunting squirrel and rabbit.
    carry it in your hand while rabbit hunting.

VIP Member
    Great find and a beautiful revolver. Ruger has some nice field holsters on their site. Leather, Ruger logo, made in the USA and under $40.00. The holsters are getting good reviews over at the Ruger forum...

Ruger holster
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Nice find! I got my near-virgin blued Single Six at a show for a comparable deal, but no way would I want to go home with the guy who sold it to me!

For a simple field holster, try Hunter - http://www.huntercompany.com/sizechart5.html

For something more substantial, Simply Rugged has some great leather: http://www.simplyrugged.com/
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

GM
    Very nice!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

OH drool!!!!!

250? Holy cow even if it was gonna set you back a little you would have to throw it down!

Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by TX-JB View Post
    Great find and a beautiful revolver. Ruger has some nice field holsters on their site. Leather, Ruger logo, made in the USA and under $40.00. The holsters are getting good reviews over at the Ruger forum...

Ruger holster
    Hey cool.........I just found my holster for the Blackhawk I have on Layaway at that site.............Mine is 4 5/8 barrel

Awesome find. Congrats.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

It ain't hard to find a good holster for the Single Six. Mine is out in the safe and it is cold. I think I have a Rossi and a Hunter. Sounds like for your needs just about any Western style holster would do. To me it seems like most of the western style holster are pricey since there really doesn't appear to be any boning or shaping going on.
    I love my Single Six. The 22 LR cylinder is the only one that gets used, mostly for shooting at empty shotgun shells. Very accurate. Fun factor is off the chart. Burn up some ammo. Take the money you saved and find a Bearcat to go along with it.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I almost picked up a new blued single six about a month or so ago at the local shop. I really wanted the stainless but he had a nice blued one in stock. Something told me just hold out for a month and if I don't find what I want at the show I'll go back and get the blued. Well it paid off because I got this stainless model for almost half the price and I can't find anything that indicates it's even been fired before.

Thanks for the holster suggestions I'm sure it will be easy to find something. I will probably pick up the one Ruger sells and also see if I can find something that I can sling on the front of my chest.

VIP Member
    Great find, nice little shooter.

Oh Yeah, that's what we're talkin' 'bout...Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you haven't found a holster yet, I like a crossdraw holster for hunting. I found a nice one from Hunter for my .44 Blackhawk. I ordered it from Cabelas. Congrats on the Single-Six. I will give you yrs of enjoyment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links