My new High Point 45 - Page 3

My new High Point 45

This is a discussion on My new High Point 45 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; High points have there place, people may bash them, but honestly I salute the company. It does something I think that is great, puts firearms ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My new High Point 45

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    High points have there place, people may bash them, but honestly I salute the company. It does something I think that is great, puts firearms in more peoples reach. As someone thats lived off of 800 dollars a month for the last year, supporting a fiance too, they make a firearm a lot more in reach.
    I was lucky that I already had higher quality firearms, some people aren't so lucky. Like some of us have said, better the gun you can carry everyday then the one in the safe, maybe its also the gun you can afford to buy and eat that month too.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    If that's all you can afford congradualations. I can say what I want I owned that piece of sheet metal ****! I trade it for a Romanionan jpg ? The sold that at private sale for $200.
    So I made $75 on it. I would by a hi point carbine if you can find them. They are a lot cheaper than the ruger and marlin camp guns. Another thing if you ever complain about
    a S&w sigma I be the first one to set you straight just how good my first semi auto is as I still haver it going on 12 years with no miss fires or stove pipes and I use glocks for my
    carry sidearm.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TerriLi View Post
    High points have there place, people may bash them, but honestly I salute the company. It does something I think that is great, puts firearms in more peoples reach. As someone thats lived off of 800 dollars a month for the last year, supporting a fiance too, they make a firearm a lot more in reach.
    I was lucky that I already had higher quality firearms, some people aren't so lucky. Like some of us have said, better the gun you can carry everyday then the one in the safe, maybe its also the gun you can afford to buy and eat that month too.

Winner!

Congrats!
    It's like killing roaches - you have to kill 'em all, otherwise what's the use?

keep your nose in the wind, and your eyes along the skyline.

The thing is, as long as it works, and the person can rely on it, I have no problem with a cheap gun.

Not everyone can afford a gun which is more expensive or of better quality. Firearm ownership and having the ability to defend your family shouldn't have to be only for the rich.

When I lived down in the country, I knew several people who bought a Hi-Point for dirt cheap, and were beaming from ear to ear because for the first time they could afford a gun capable of defending their family. A lot of people would make fun of them for it and you could see the embarrassment or shame grow across their face because they couldn't afford a gun from one of the big gun makers. All I would say is, "If you keep it clean and are sure it works and it's reliable, it's a good gun. If you can't get it to cycle a complete magazine consistently, get rid of it and look for something else."

Personally, I have no need for such a gun. I'd rather spend the money in ammo for one of my other guns. But I'm not going to ride a guy for buying the best he can afford. Now, I may jazz a guy who just bought one to play around with who already has lots of other guns and knows full well why he's getting ribbed. But guns like the Hi-Point serve an important purpose for a lot of people who can't afford much else.
    Ogre likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    I like the way the company does business. If you run your High Point over with a car they will pretty much either fix it or replace it. They have a great business model.
    Ogre likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    The thing is, as long as it works, and the person can rely on it, I have no problem with a cheap gun.

Not everyone can afford a gun which is more expensive or of better quality. Firearm ownership and having the ability to defend your family shouldn't have to be only for the rich.
    I tend to agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I like the way the company does business. If you run your High Point over with a car they will pretty much either fix it or replace it. They have a great business model.
    Also agree! I've heard many, many horror stories about them being basically destroyed due to abuse (Never cleaned, I've heard their hard as heck for the common man to break down?,etc)

I always kind of liked the 9mm,and .380ACP versions, and I think their carbine is really nifty too.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Administrator
    It bothers me that somebody at Hi-Point has not yet figured out that they can have a steel slide "precision investment cast" for only a few dollars more, give it a no frills, no sweat, fast sandblast & Parkerized "one step" dip finish - and that would put out an intrinically superior firearm (with regard to material) and that would also certainly balance better, have less bulk & it would carry "leaps and bounds" better than what they are cranking out now...which would (for sure) increase sales.
    For the life of me I cannot figure out why they don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    It bothers me that somebody at Hi-Point has not yet figured out that they can have a steel slide "precision investment cast" for only a few dollars more, give it a no frills, no sweat, fast sandblast & Parkerized "one step" dip finish - and that would put out an intrinically superior firearm (with regard to material) and that would also certainly balance better, have less bulk & it would carry "leaps and bounds" better than what they are cranking out now...which would (for sure) increase sales.
    For the life of me I cannot figure out why they don't do that.
    From what i see, they are not having problems with sales. My friend cannot get any 9mm Hi points through his wholesaler... they dont have any. Even Buds Guns Shop does not have any instock for the last few weeks that i have seen. I think they are sticking with their brand of success... bunker

Seems you need the weight of all that pot metal for a 45 blowback action to work. Still hilarious it outperformed a five times more expensive 1911. I have a thousand dollar Commander that can't match his gun!
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    Seems you need the weight of all that pot metal for a 45 blowback action to work. Still hilarious it outperformed a five times more expensive 1911. I have a thousand dollar Commander that can't match his gun!
    I am heading to the range this Saturday... i am looking forward to seeing what kind of groups i can get... i will post pics later on sunday. bunker

I carried one for a while. Here is a shot of my holster:

Cheers!
    atctimmy likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    I carried one for a while. Here is a shot of my holster:

Cheers!
    LMAO!!!!!!!! It is a heavy beast that for sure... thank god i pocket carry a Smith and Wesson 642/442... less weight with two guns than the one hi point combined. cheers. bunker

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    LMAO!!!!!!!! It is a heavy beast that for sure... thank god i pocket carry a Smith and Wesson 642/442... less weight with two guns than the one hi point combined. cheers. bunker
    642 in the pocket is my EDC of choice as well.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Camjr View Post
    642 in the pocket is my EDC of choice as well.
    cant beat the snubs... how big would the pockets have to be to pocket carry the hi point

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links