Taurus model 651

Taurus model 651

This is a discussion on Taurus model 651 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thought i would also post with my new Taurus model 651 5 shot 357 Magnum snubby. Got this little beauty a few days ago, and ...

Thread: Taurus model 651

Taurus model 651

Thought i would also post with my new Taurus model 651 5 shot 357 Magnum snubby. Got this little beauty a few days ago, and finally got out to the woods to test her out. This is my third Taurus, and so far, i love them all. I pocket carry a Smith 642 and a Smith 442, but i cant seem to get enough of the Taurus products.

This gun is heavier than my smiths... i think it weighs in around 24 ounces. It does however, eat up the recoil with standard 38 special rounds. I shot a box of UMC 38 special rounds, and it felt like my Taurus 94 22 LR. 357 magnum reloads were another story, but no worse than shooting +P out of my airweight Smiths. Double action is tough.. i am not sure what the lb. is on the trigger, but it is alot. Single action was crisp. I think it will need about 1000 dry fires to get it broken in a little, but all in all it did great.

Fit and fininsh seemed very good on this particular model... cylinder is tight an grips are pretty functional. I can see after breaking in the trigger rotating it into my daily carry with 357 Magnum loads, or my Speer Gold Dot 38 +P. I like having the abaility to shoot SA if i want, but still having the ability to pocket carry in my Desantis nemesis holster without worrying about a hammer snagging on clothings.
    Attached Images

That's a nice little pistol. I carry a 442, but I don't like the +P loads.

don't forget to post your pistol on the snubbie thread.

I find it interesting that you are a Taurus fan. Most people aren't I've got a PT1911 that hasn't let me down, the finish is kinda worn, but it puts them 230 grainers right where I want them.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I find it interesting that you are a Taurus fan. Most people aren't I've got a PT1911 that hasn't let me down, the finish is kinda worn, but it puts them 230 grainers right where I want them.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Sounds great. Congrats on your Taurus.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post

I have had great luck with them... but it seems just like any other manufacturer, the lemons happen. I too would never buy a gun that did not work for me... i guess i am stubborn that way. I had a terrible Kel Tec, and would not spend my money there again, but i understand others have good quality Kel tecs and love em. As for Taurus, i will certainly buy more in the future.. i am eyeing the 9mm revolver now, and think i may like their 6 shot 38 special snubbie... cannot remember offhand the model number. Bunker

Congrats, I've been thinking about trying one of their full size .357's keep us updated.

GM
    Glad that you like it. Enjoy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sponsored Links