Finally got our pistols!

This is a discussion on Finally got our pistols! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow ! welcome ! That glock pistol sure is priced right, especially with 3 hi-cap mags. The Bersa is economically priced and has a good ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally got our pistols!

Wow ! welcome ! That glock pistol sure is priced right, especially with 3 hi-cap mags. The Bersa is economically priced and has a good rep.
    You did yourself and the wife right on the costs'....
    Now, go shoot'em...alot.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to CombatCarry, Gentoo.

I'm glad to see another Linux fan that's also a shooting enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I'm a police dispatcher, thats why I got that pricing on the Glock.
    Haha! That was going to be my question: where did you get that price? Congratulations and welcome!

Welcome to you and the wife, Gentoo. My young bride has had her CHL almost as long as I have and it's very comforting to know she's there to watch my back!
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Welcome! My wife and I got our CCWs on the same day -- haven't looked back since.

VIP Member
    Welcome to both you and your wife. My wife has a Bersa .380 also. She has recently gotten a Bersa Ultra Compact 9mm and is getting to the point where that will be her carry pistol. She really likes my SIG P239 9mm, and if it were a little lighter she would probably carry it. In fact when she registered for the last two SIG contests she said, "If I win this I'll give it to you and take your SIG 9mm."

We try to shoot every week, usually on Saturday or Sunday afternoon/evening. We live in a small town of about 4000 in a county of 12,000, so there is no range within 50 miles. We have a friend who set up a place on his farm for zeroing his rifles and we set up our targets there. If I have gotten involved in something on Sunday and it's getting on into the afternoon, she'll come to where I am and ask if we are going to shoot. She really enjoys it.

Tomorrow we will be going to Beretta Range Day to shoot all the guns they have with them and I honestly believe that she is more excited about it than I am.

Glad to have both of you with us.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Congrats wish my wife took self-defense as seriously as I do.
    It comes a time in your life when you run across someone you should have never @#$$% with. Allow me to introduce myself!

Congrats on the Pistols and getting your wife shooting with ya is something good..

Congrats on being a team! Fun to shoot together, train together. Enjoy, and welcome.

I have the exact same bersa dressed up with some custom wood grips from gggrips. It is a great gun.

Check out bersatalk.com

Great choices in pistols, they should serve both of you very well. Great to hear of two more joining the concealed world.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Congratulations! I know that you'll enjoy the recreational shooting, as well as the added sense of security of having the CCW. My wife has been accepting of my new found hobby (bought my first handgun last August- now I have 5, and got my CCW a few months ago. I've been able to get my wife to the range once, and she at least became somewhat familiar with the guns, and knows how to point and pull the trigger. I wish though, that I could get her to the range more frequently, and I would love to see her get a CCW. She retired on disability from engineering a few years ago, and went back to hr first love, music. As a musician, she frequently has to leave bars at 2 AM. While she has other band members with her for part of the time, I would feel more comfortable if she carried a gun, and practiced regularly. I did get her a stun gun (a Myotron, a much more expensive type), and pepper sprey, but if I could only talk her into the CCW, I would be happier. I'm thrilled that you and your wife are involved in something that you can both enjoy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links