Kel Tech P32

This is a discussion on Kel Tech P32 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had mine for Three years now. I have fire about 3200 rounds through it now. Ok mind you it is a first gen. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel Tech P32

Wink Kel Tech P32

I have had mine for Three years now. I have fire about 3200 rounds through it now. Ok mind you it is a first gen. so no Allen screws on ejection rod.

I have not had one problem with it and I have faith that it will do the job. It now is the gun i carry when Iím not carrying Wink Wink. (great belly gun a to 30ft)

I think that if you want to knock it for its cheep price, try it first. With the belt clip it looks like a knife in the waist band. It fools everyone I know.

2. Remove Ads

I have a friend with one, He loves it. It is not something I would wanna gun fight with but for a deep cover piece, it fills the bill.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I love my later gen P-32. I only have about 200 rounds through it. I only shoot a mag or two out of it every few months, just to make sure it's still working. It usually rides in a cheap pocket holster or sometimes a don hume iwb.

I shoot and carry 73grn Fiocchi FMJ since it's a bit hotter than US made ammo.

EDIT: I wanted to add that I tried shooting a few 380 compacts before getting the P32. The 380 has too much recoil in such a small package. I found it harder to control. I want to try the belt clip too, probably easier than IWB holster.

My p-32 was purchased in L'ville, KY in 1999. It has never missed a beat.Iit hangs around my neck wheni need deep cover.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

My P32 has filled every role from second pistol, always gun, and for a time the only pistol. It has never failed. I shoot a magazine several times a year and clean the pistol once a month. Front pocket in an Uncle Mike's #1. I loaned it to a friend when his needed to go back to Kel-Tec. A long eight weeks. My CW9 took up the slack, but I missed the little dude.

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Its great when I can't carry anything else.People laugh at a .32 but I sure wouldn't want to be hit by 4 or 5 rounds from it.It would ruin your whole day. sj

Administrator
    I have a P32 too. Its been in my stable for ten years now. I like it a lot, its not the most high quality gun, but it does what it was designed to very well.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I have one that I carried exclusively for years. I dont carry it that much anymore. Its nice to know its an option. It has been carried in all sorts of adverse conditions and has never missed a beat. I carry Fiochhi as awell and have been pretty impressed. I have thought of trying out an LCP but think I may have the best compromise for size and recoil.

For the size I choose p-3at, why not?

My P-32 is ten or more years old, it looks like a fence post. It has been carried many miles,it has been pocket carried, necklace carried, ankle carried and it shows character with each rub or scratch on it. I fire mine once or twice a year load a fresh magazinein it after cleaning, and still yet to have a failure to fire.

I'm looking for a P-32; I like the size for those places when you absolutely cannot be "made". it's interesting, though - when I first started reading & posting here, most folks really dumped on anything Kel-Tec. Now, I think they're taken seriously like they should be. My P-11 is a good pistol that works properly.

I bought the second one that came into the gunshop where I was working, when they finally started shippimg them. The owner got the first one. I change my primary depending on my mood, but I always have a P32. I broke a slide stop spring 7 or 8 years ago and was down for about a week. I had the neck lanyard loop on it for about 5 years, but never used it and took it off and sold it.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Up date: part #280 SLIDE STOP/EJECTOR went bad last week kel-tec sent me a new one at no charge and kicking again. The gun would not go into full battery

My P-32 has been a daily carry for about 4 years. Very reliable, and quite concealable, even in summer wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

I was impressed with the person that had fired 3,000+ rounds through his P-32. While I like mine, it hurts my hand to shoot more than 20 rounds. In 4 years, I've probably fired 2 or 3 boxes of factory fmj. My other carry gun is an S&W Model 442 (.38 SPL), and it isnt much fun to shoot, either. I have other handguns (heavier) that are much more pleasant to shoot.

JERRY

I owned and carried a P32 for about 4 years, for the usual reasons. BUG, deep cover, summertime carry, anytime the little Kel Tec in the pocket was just the best option.

Last year I traded it in towards a new P3-AT. I couldn't resist having the extra punch out of the same package. Unlike some others, I enjoy shooting the P3-AT. Recoil is sharp, to be sure, but not painful, and not as bad as some other guns I have.

My Kel-Tec sits in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster in my right front pocket whenever I'm not carrying something larger.
    "Terrorists don't seem to be too afraid of stern language. But I do notice, that while the fear of death does not seem to deter these people, the fact of BEING dead does significantly decrease their operational effectiveness. "
    - Bill Whittle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links