EAA Windicator

This is a discussion on EAA Windicator within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to the Mesquite gun show a couple of weeks age and came home with a new EAA Windicator .357 with a 2" barrel. The ...

Thread: EAA Windicator

EAA Windicator

Went to the Mesquite gun show a couple of weeks age and came home with a new EAA Windicator .357 with a 2" barrel. The gun is a basic K-Frame size at about 26 oz. in weight. Lighter than my 1911's, but still a good size for my large hands. I sold a J-frame Rossi because the butt was too small to hang on to properly.
    Here is the official pic from the EAA website:

I'll take some pics of my own to post when I have 2 minutes to rub together.
    Finally went to the range this weekend to test it out. I put 50 rounds of .38 spl 158 gr Semi-wadcutter and 50 rounds of .357 158 gr HP.

The gun performed perfectly with either ammo. Recoil was perfectly controllable with the .357 and almost non-existant with the .38 SA trigger was light and smooth and the DA trigger pull was acceptible, althoug it did tire out my wrist after several rounds of DA.

All in all, a great gun for EDC or bug, especially at about 250.00 plus tax. Only problem I am having is finding a holster that suits my needs. It'll be my nightstand gun until I find one.
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
    - G. K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    EAA is right up the road from me. They don't make anything that grabs my attention, hear yea and nay about them (like all makes) and don't have much of an opinion of them either way. If it suits your needs, then that's all that matters. Enjoy!
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

GM
    Glad you like it. Enjoy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I always wanted to shoot one to see if I liked it or not. As far as the holsters if it is basically K-frame size I'd try a K-frame holster and check the fit.

I got one last year as a "truck gun" for $270 and have to admit, it's not up there with S&W or even Ruger when it comes to looks or finish and the trigger could be better, particularly in DA mode. However, it goes bang when I pull the trigger and will shoot any ammo I put in it. It also hit's exactly where I aim out to 50ft. Especially for the price, what more can I ask for from ANY gun with a 2" barrel!!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I'm thinking for the price sounds like a great option
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

After 3 months I have now put about 3,000 rounds through my EAA .357 Windicator, 1/3 were 357 the rest .38. This gun performs flawlessly, no jams, misfires of problems of any kind.
    I highly recommend this gun for anyone interested in .357s, hell I bet my life on it!

Found a speed loader for mine at the gun show this weekend. HKS#10A, works well, but takes some pratctice, cylinder is pretty close to the frame. Practiced with it for a whle and like it. Had my Windicator pistol longer than any other handgun. I don't always carry it, but it's always loaded in the truck, desk etc.

I've got a 4" .357. It's a fine 'knockaround gun' for the money. As rachilders mentioned, it's not a Ruger or S&W in terms of fit & finish, but it'll sure get the job done, and it's cheap!

Regards,
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by DamnitBob View Post
    Found a speed loader for mine at the gun show this weekend. HKS#10A, works well, but takes some pratctice, cylinder is pretty close to the frame. Practiced with it for a whle and like it. Had my Windicator pistol longer than any other handgun. I don't always carry it, but it's always loaded in the truck, desk etc.
    Just about any accessory for a S&W K Frame will work for the EAA. I have a Tex Shoemaker IWB holster, A Don Hume, The Speedloaders. I'm will eventually be going to the gun shop to see if they will let me test fit a Crimson Trace for the K Frame round butt. I know the square butt grips don't fit as I have a model 19 & they don't swap.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    EAA is right up the road from me. They don't make anything that grabs my attention...
    Not sure, but I don't think they make anything - they're an importer. The Windicator is made by Weihrauch in Germany, and my Witness was made by Tanfoglio in Italy. Neither is a 'high end' gun, but both are reliable and well worth their reasonable prices.

EAA also imports guns from Russia, Serbia, and Turkey. No experience with any of them.

Regards,
    Jim

VIP Member
    Good deal!!!

I have been thnking of Getting my wife a Charter Arms Hammerless. 38,
    But have recently been thinking of EAA.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Good deal!!!

Like I said, it's GREAT gun but you also have to consider weight.
    A Charter Arms Hammerless. 38 weighs between 12 to 16 oz (depending on the model) a 357 Windicator weighs 28oz. So I HIGHLY recommend she hold it, wear it, try it (if possible) before she buys it. Basically the EAA is a S&W K Frame clone. I own a S&W model 19 and they shoot identically

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Good deal!!!
    For carry - the CA - no contest.
    For Nightstand / HD - the EAA - also no contest.
    Both are great guns, for the money.

Regards,
    Jim

Links