New EDC G27 Anyone Carry one?

This is a discussion on New EDC G27 Anyone Carry one? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just sold my G23 and bought a NIB G27 OD. Been wanting OD , time for a change from standard black. I have heard ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New EDC G27 Anyone Carry one?

Question New EDC G27 Anyone Carry one?

I just sold my G23 and bought a NIB G27 OD. Been wanting OD , time for a change from standard black.
    I have heard nothing but great things about this pistol. I have owned several glocks but not this one. i was hoping some of y'all could show me pics of yours and feedback,also I need help with an OWB fobus type holster selection. Either paddle or belt for carry under loose unbuttoned shirt. I have a galco stow & Go for IWB carry. Thanks all for your input!!
    Last edited by bikerboy; January 19th, 2011 at 05:38 AM.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

2. Remove Ads

Well, I have an OD G26. It just happened to be what was in the gun store at the time, for a decent price, so I bought it. I would actually prefer basic black, but it really doesn't matter - except that it's much easier to see soot inside the OD frame, so it drives me nuts cleaning it.

Can't help you on the holsters - my needs are more discreet, so I use a Smartcarry.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I've been carrying a 27 for at least a year now. I use a UBG IWB 'Canute' holster. Which I really like, and carry 99.99999% of the time. I'd like to try a crossbreed supertuck, but don't feel like spending the money right now. Also have a KD Holsters 'Laredo' OWB holster with sharkskin trim. I'll try and get photos later. No problems with the gun so far. Except maybe a little holster wear.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I've been carrying my G26 (same size as your G27) in a CrossBreed SuperTuck every day for the last 4 weeks. I like the Super Tuck a lot.

The VM-II has been living in the "holster box" since the superTuck arrived. VM-II carries the gun too high above the belt for me. The ability to adjust the SuperTuck made a big difference.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

G27 with CTC laserguard in a CBST
    All day, everyday
    (plus a pocket bug DB380)
    There ya go........

yup
    Attached Images

I used to CC a G27 in a Don Hume IWB for years. Times changed so I had to change to another carry type.
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Check out the Comp-tac Gladiator for an OWB. It rides tight to the body, is very comfortable and hides well under a loose sportshirt. Unlike many more expensive holsters of this type, the belt loops/straps are easily replaced. http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info...dv9rde436hg1n4

My 27 is what I carry most of the time while off-duty. My duty weapon is a 23. Both are awesome and easy to conceal. But the 27 is a little lighter and therefore a little more comfortable to carry.

My 27 rides in a Milt Sparks SS II.
    Attached Images
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

My G27 most often rides in a Blackhawk Serpa concealment holster, nice and tight on the paddle, the loops just haven't been able to a adjust where I feel secure enough. I'm in WI so it's OC only (and literally 0F tonight so FL has more than CC benefits), for now. 9 in the gun and a pair of G23 mags in the pocket should there be a malfunction with a magazine. If you liked your 23 you'll like the 27 if the pinky underneath thing doesn't bother you. Good job on getting the OD they're on the hard too find list the last few months since Glock stopped making the frames do to low sales, so naturally the sales went through the roof now that its discontinued); some reports have them at impossible to find.

Glock Certified Armorer

G27 is carried almost exclusively in summer. I carry it either IWB crossbreed or OWB in leather pancake holster. Nowadays its my BUG and lives in my front pocket.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Here's my KD Holsters Laredo holster for the 27, which I rarely wear.
    Attached Images

I have a couple of Glock 27's around. Awesome little pistols. That is what I carry on those rare occaisions that I am not carrying a full size Glock. I have about 3000 rounds through my trusty old 2nd Gen G27 without a single hiccup of ANY kind. You can carry that little fire-sniffer with TOTAL confidence.

As to holsters...MOST of my holsters are made by a custom maker, but the ONLY factory holster I use is the AKER FLATSIDER...great peice of kit for a Glock, all-day comfortable, and extremely reasonably priced.

I carry my G26 in a Nick Mathews #1 IWB. Custom leather in under 2 weeks. The 26 disappears under just about any shirt I have. I hate to have to dress around my weapon. Nick also makes an OWB but I have not tried it yet.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

Congrats on a great choice. I have the 26. I carry it in a Galco Summer Comfort. Works great for me.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links