Shot Show news Kahr CM9

This is a discussion on Shot Show news Kahr CM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 10thmtn So...who's brave enough to carry a cocked-and-locked single action pistol with ambidextrous safeties that stick out that far in their pocket ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46

Thread: Shot Show news Kahr CM9

  1. #31
    VIP Member Array gottabkiddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    So...who's brave enough to carry a cocked-and-locked single action pistol with ambidextrous safeties that stick out that far in their pocket?
    Not me, but I'll hook one on my belt for sure. I really like that Kimber. After checking one out at my LGS, it's on my list to get at some point. If I'm not mistaken it's just a tad over 17 oz and fits my hand like a driving glove.... Recoil is gonna be a handful, but for defense and carry it'll be a fair trade off IMO.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    VIP Member Array 10thmtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,954
    Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Not me, but I'll hook one on my belt for sure. I really like that Kimber. After checking one out at my LGS, it's on my list to get at some point. If I'm not mistaken it's just a tad over 17 oz and fits my hand like a driving glove.... Recoil is gonna be a handful, but for defense and carry it'll be a fair trade off IMO.
    Do the safeties stick out as far in person as they appear to in the pics??
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

  4. #33
    VIP Member Array gottabkiddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    6,991
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Do the safeties stick out as far in person as they appear to in the pics??
    No not IMO. There's enough to get a good feel to engage and disengage the safety, but still has a pretty slim feel to it. Seriously, if you get a chance to check one out do so. I think you'll find it really is pretty cool for a slim 9mm. After the troubles you had with the kahrs, it might just be the perfect fit for your carry needs. I know I'll be getting one when I can get one from my LGS. IMO, it's leaps and bounds over anything I've seen /held so far in the single stack 9mm.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

  5. #34
    VIP Member Array 10thmtn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,954
    I have no use for any handgun with external thumb safeties - just my preference. But - I'm glad they're not as bad in person as they look in the pics...for a while, I thought they were capable of taking flight!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

  6. #35
    Member Array Captain Kahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    229

    One thing to remember...

    is the fit, form and function of each different gun. I liked my little LCP and had bought one for my wife. She hated the trigger pull. So I moved her over to the Kahr P380 which is far superior to the LCP and worth the extra dough.

    I would hope I have worked the Taurus and Walther and still like my PM9 better. I'm hoping the Kimber is a good quality gun through and through. Does anyone have and idea on price for the Kimber Solo and Kahr CM9?
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

    http://designlinetx.com/

  7. #36
    Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Quantico/ F'burg, VA
    Posts
    1,398
    Does anyone have and idea on price for the Kimber Solo and Kahr CM9?
    The Kimber has been seen in shops for just under $700.

    No price on the Kahr that I've seen, but we could expect it to be above the CW9 price as is the PM9 to P9 relationship. That would put the MSRP at around $600, street price a bit over $500... that's my guess.

  8. #37
    Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Quantico/ F'burg, VA
    Posts
    1,398
    I just found this shot show report...

    "MSRP is $559. For more information contact kahr.com or call 508-795-3919."
    at;
    http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...exclusives_img

  9. #38
    Member Array Keech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    110
    LanceORYGUN, the pic of the Kahr is at 1 min 5 seconds into the video. It only lasts about 2 seconds.
    "I'm the God-fearing, Gun-toting, flag waving conservative they warned you about!"
    US Air Force Vietnam Vet, Ex-LEO
    Dan Wesson CBOB .45
    CZ 75D Compact PCR
    Kahr PM9, and a few others.....

  10. #39
    Member Array ajgranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    316
    The Kimber looks better to me.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

    The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

  11. #40
    Member Array Captain Kahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    I just found this shot show report...

    "MSRP is $559. For more information contact kahr.com or call 508-795-3919."
    at;
    http://www.tactical-life.com/online/...exclusives_img
    That being the case hopefully we can see them on the used market for $450 or so. If I can put night sights on it then I'd by one.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

    http://designlinetx.com/

  12. #41
    Member Array ladder13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kahr View Post
    That being the case hopefully we can see them on the used market for $450 or so. If I can put night sights on it then I'd by one.
    I would think some of the big internet discounters would have them NIB for less than 450, seeing as you can get a NIB PM9 for about 525 or so.

  13. #42
    Member Array sara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ladder13 View Post
    I would think some of the big internet discounters would have them NIB for less than 450, seeing as you can get a NIB PM9 for about 525 or so.

    Do you mean 625? I cant find the pm9 anywhere for $525, the cheapest i found if $600

  14. #43
    Member Array ladder13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by sara View Post
    Do you mean 625? I cant find the pm9 anywhere for $525, the cheapest i found if $600
    They have them for 525 on Budspolicesupplies.com. You need to be a current or former LEO, FF, Corrections,FBI, etc. Even volunteer FF's, and paramedics-EMT's are acceptable. Pretty broad range to qualify. Best price on the net. A PM9 with Night sights goes for 630. These are delivered to your dealer pricing.
    At those prices, I'd rather go for the PM9 over the CMP. Btw, they also have CM9's on the other website Budsgunshop .com for 417 delivered.

  15. #44
    Member Array sara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ladder13 View Post
    They have them for 525 on Budspolicesupplies.com. You need to be a current or former LEO, FF, Corrections,FBI, etc. Even volunteer FF's, and paramedics-EMT's are acceptable. Pretty broad range to qualify. Best price on the net. A PM9 with Night sights goes for 630. These are delivered to your dealer pricing.
    At those prices, I'd rather go for the PM9 over the CMP. Btw, they also have CM9's on the other website Budsgunshop .com for 417 delivered.
    Can I have the LEO order it, and have it in my name or is that an extra 25 at my ffl? Never thought about that before i have two cousins that are leos. Thanks Aot

  16. #45
    Member Array ladder13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by sara View Post
    Can I have the LEO order it, and have it in my name or is that an extra 25 at my ffl? Never thought about that before i have two cousins that are leos. Thanks Aot
    You'd have to check with the FFL, that may be considered a straw purchase. Others here would know.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. The Official 2010 Shot Show news thread
    By semperfi.45 in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 19th, 2010, 12:02 AM
  2. Bad: Gun Show Loophole on TV News
    By ArmyCop in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 11th, 2009, 10:06 AM
  3. Another one from the SHOT show.
    By pistolwretch in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2008, 10:14 PM
  4. Shot Show
    By draco1 in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: January 21st, 2008, 06:56 PM
  5. So How's everyone able to go to Shot Show?
    By Dakotaranger in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 13th, 2007, 04:33 PM

Search tags for this page

cm9 kahr
,
kahr cm 9
,
kahr cm 9 review
,
kahr cm-9
,

kahr cm9

,
kahr cm9 price
,
kahr cm9 review
,
kahr pm9
,
kahr pm9 vs cm9
,
kahrcm9
,
khar cm9
,
kimber solo
Click on a term to search for related topics.