Oh dear, I fear resistance is futile.

This is a discussion on Oh dear, I fear resistance is futile. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sleipnir I'd also like to add that I severely underestimated my jeans pockets; they can completely conceal a Glock 21SF. I am ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh dear, I fear resistance is futile.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleipnir View Post
    I'd also like to add that I severely underestimated my jeans pockets; they can completely conceal a Glock 21SF.
    I am starting to seriously look into pocket carry, so I have to ask what kind of jeans do you wear? The wranglers I have can barely conceal a snubbie.
    Fear the man with one gun. Especially if that gun is a Glock 19.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RugerMike View Post
    I am starting to seriously look into pocket carry, so I have to ask what kind of jeans do you wear? The wranglers I have can barely conceal a snubbie.
    I have four main pairs of jeans that I wear for carrying. Two pairs of Red Camel jeans (from the Fashion Denim line), a pair of Yaso, and a pair of fashion jeans that were at TJ Maxx called "Premium" brand jeans. The two Red Camels have the deepest pockets, followed by the "Premium" brand, and the Yaso has the shallowest; however, the Yaso is still easily able to hold my dad's Bersa Thunder 380 with ease.

Here's a demonstration of one of my Red Camel pairs: A full size 1911 in the front left pocket.
    Attached Images

G36 is MUCH lighter and slimmer than the 30SF.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Be aware that there are some issues with mag interchangeability with the G30/G30SF. The original G30SF had an ambi mag release, thus a different mag than the G30. I don't think it can use the G30 mag or vice-versa. Might reflect on availability of spare mags. I forget the details, worth checking out.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Cop 1 View Post
    G36 is MUCH lighter and slimmer than the 30SF.
    I just noticed that in another thread you posted a picture of a G36 with a serial number of the same run as the one I'm thinking about putting on layaway. The one I'm looking at is in the PTUxxx range of serials just as yours is; has your gun been reliable? I figure that if yours has been reliable and your serial being so close to the one I'm looking at that it would give me an idea of how reliable that serial series run of guns was. Thanks!

I've been reading a lot of things on the internet such as this that have to do with the unreliability of the G36, but that seems to range from their introduction to 2007 and then I can't really find any other instances of widespread problems after that time; so I'm hesitant to jump on it for that reason. Knowing my luck, I'd get a lemon!

I think I might trust my gut on this one and go with the G30SF, nothing good has ever come from me disregarding my gut!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Be aware that there are some issues with mag interchangeability with the G30/G30SF. The original G30SF had an ambi mag release, thus a different mag than the G30. I don't think it can use the G30 mag or vice-versa. Might reflect on availability of spare mags. I forget the details, worth checking out.
    From what I can gather it was that you can't use a G30/G21 mag in a G30SF if you have reversed the mag release, in which case it will only accept the 30SF and 21SF ambi cut mags.

Is there any way to check the manufacture date of a Glock?
    Last edited by Sleipnir; January 21st, 2011 at 05:01 PM.

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    The g36 is the firearm I carry most often. It is soft shooting, accurate and reliable. I don't worry about 7 rounds being enough...besides, carrying an extra mag is simple enough.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links