Is Glock going to continue making Gen 3 ??

This is a discussion on Is Glock going to continue making Gen 3 ?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i've heard Glock is going to stop producing ALL Gen 3 models? contrary,i've also heard Glock will continue making select models of Gen 3?..anyone know?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i've heard Glock is going to stop producing ALL Gen 3 models? contrary,i've also heard Glock will continue making select models of Gen 3?..anyone know?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    i've heard Glock is going to stop producing ALL Gen 3 models? contrary,i've also heard Glock will continue making select models of Gen 3?..anyone know?
    I hear they are going to make the for a while. They can't just stop cold turkey with the limited amount of 4th gens that are out, and I still think they know they have a few teething pains with the Gen 4's that need to be worked out.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I'm not so sure everyone is happy with that RtF. Most who carry IWB or concealed in general are finding it to aggressive

A coworker of mine just order a new Gen 3 Glock 30 from Budsgunshop Tuesday this week. Bunker

I would think at least until the end of the year. But eventually all models will transition to Gen 4.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yes ... until they decide no.

I imagine all versions will eventually go Gen 4 only. Look at the G30 & G30SF. A Gen 4 G30 with the changeable backstraps would have the fit of both and reduce production of two models to one. Having two versions of anything is cost-prohibitive in anything in the long run, and that's the bottom line of any business--money.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

My LE dealer who is the statewide L distributor here, says yes for the time being, they will contimue to produce them. No date forthcoming to stop production, but he said the Gen 4 production is so ramped up that a Gen 3 order may take longer.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I went shopping for another Gen 3, G23.

I compared the 3rd and 4th generations, side by side. Contrary to what I've heard, the 4th Gen isn't a bit smaller, in the handle, than the 3rd Gen. At least not that I could perceive.

I stuck with the Gen 3. I hope that it sticks around for a while
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I went shopping for another Gen 3, G23.

I compared the 3rd and 4th generations, side by side. Contrary to what I've heard, the 4th Gen isn't a bit smaller, in the handle, than the 3rd Gen. At least not that I could perceive.

I stuck with the Gen 3. I hope that it sticks around for a while
    I fondled a Gen 4 G19 at a store last week. I also could not really feel a difference. I also did not notice a difference in reaching the mag release. Only difference I could feel was the grip texture. I guess I could be happy with either one.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The Gen 4s without attaching backstraps are about what a SF version feels like. One backstrap increases the grip to nominal Glock feel; the other increases it even more (for the monster-size hands, I suppose).

While I can't tell much difference between the G30 and G30SF, I can definitely feel a difference in the G22 Gen 4 and prefer the grip without the additional backstraps. The difference is much a personal thing, and that's the point. It gives one the option of changing it if it doesn't "feel" right.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I am not sure who I know that could stand the texture on a Gen 4 on their bare skin while IWB. I know I couldnt. Gen 3 is the way to go for me.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I do not see Glock stopping production of the Gen 3 any time in the future...OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The question is...will the price of G3's go up or down in response?
    I don't get the G4 thing...it seems they changed things for no reason which then result in less reliability.
    Cosmetically, it's just plain uglier.
    I'll pass...
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The Gen 4s without attaching backstraps are about what a SF version feels like. One backstrap increases the grip to nominal Glock feel; the other increases it even more (for the monster-size hands, I suppose).

While I can't tell much difference between the G30 and G30SF, I can definitely feel a difference in the G22 Gen 4 and prefer the grip without the additional backstraps. The difference is much a personal thing, and that's the point. It gives one the option of changing it if it doesn't "feel" right.
    Exactly, I love my gen4 g22
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pike

Glock has been trying to stop production of the Gen 3, but as everyone knows, you can't stop a Glock.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links