Defensive Carry banner

Thermold magazines

9K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Katana 
#1 ·
Has anyone used or had any experience with these magazines? I bought one at the local gun shop but havent had a chane to try it out. I'm a little bit worried after reading all the negative reviews on the net.

#2 ·
If you are looking for AR magazines, just go ahead and get Magpul PMAGs. They aren't that expensive, and they are top notch. I have a bunch I carried through the desert and a lot of training ops, they just plain work. My unit issued them out to every Marine on our last deployment.

#5 ·
Pmags are now basically the standard for non-metal AR mags.....and in my opinion the best AR mags period.

#4 ·
The Orlite brand Magazines have been totally great for the Galil. They save a great deal of weight as compared to the super heavy gage steel Galil mags.
I have never used their AR mags but, the ones for my Galil rifles have been totally flawless & they are super tough & impossible to dent. They are mesh reinforced high melt nylon.
I have some that are a decade old already and still function flawlessly.

Here is a link but, shop around for prices. I am not an AR guy so do your own homework.
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/30-rd-ar-15-m16-orlite-mag.aspx?a=205168

#7 ·
I have a couple of 20 round thurmold mags I picked up cheap. I only use them at the range for sand bag work. P mags are far, far superior.

#10 ·
This was the first I'd ever seen of a non metal mag. After I got home with it I surfed around on the net and seems like a lot of people didnt like the Thermold bevause either the sprring was too weak or just overall baf design. Either way it wasnt a good choice.Thanks for the info,I'll see if i can get the mags you mentioned.

#11 ·
During the original AWB there were a lot of these on the market. I guess they were made just in time for the ban and quantity was more important than quality back then. They were very hit or miss with quality of springs. I bought 10 during the ban and kept 4.

With the availability of mags today I'd pick a Pmag or even a Tapco.

#12 ·
I've got 9 of their 30 round mags for my WASR. I can't speak for the AR mags, but their AK mags have been flawless for me over these last 3 years. :yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.