M&P... The Pros Know

This is a discussion on M&P... The Pros Know within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Meh...to each his own, I guess. I tried the M&P and just don't like it. I'll stick my Glock....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M&P... The Pros Know

CMR
    Meh...to each his own, I guess.
    I tried the M&P and just don't like it.
    I'll stick my Glock.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

2. Remove Ads

I had Glocks, I switched to M&P's basically because they fit my short fat fingers better. But hey! Thats way Baskin Robbins has 32 flavors. I did notice one thing on the compact models though. If you have meaty palms they'll get in the way of the mag dropping free during tactical mag changes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    Thanks OneShot.. Amen, My trigger is broken in and I compared it to a Glock the other day, guess what everyone needs to relax, because the "mushiness" and travel distance IS THE SAME ON BOTH. Mine also has a nice crisp break with over 2500 rounds through it.

I want a M&P9 Pro Series for competition.
    What's funny is after I commented on this post, I went and shot my G19 2nd gen and tested on a new G19 4th gen with my M&P9. The trigger is very comparable! If your eyes were closed you would be hard pressed to notice a difference in break and weight. Then I laugh because Hickok45 did an M&P review and he mentions that sweet trigger and that if feels lighter then his Glocks. That is coming from a well known Glock fan boy.

By the way, I won't be getting the 4th Gen G19. Both the guys at my gun shop/range that bought the new 4th gens put 3rd gen springs on them after they had issues! LOL..... I will keep my old Glocks and my M&P's.

Now all I need is an M&P 40 pro, I will have almost every caliber except .357 sig which is not part of my caliber standardization.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Nice...

All I can say at the moment.

Cheers.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    What's funny is after I commented on this post, I went and shot my G19 2nd gen and tested on a new G19 4th gen with my M&P9. The trigger is very comparable! If your eyes were closed you would be hard pressed to notice a difference in break and weight. Then I laugh because Hickok45 did an M&P review and he mentions that sweet trigger and that if feels lighter then his Glocks. That is coming from a well known Glock fan boy.

By the way, I won't be getting the 4th Gen G19. Both the guys at my gun shop/range that bought the new 4th gens put 3rd gen springs on them after they had issues! LOL..... I will keep my old Glocks and my M&P's.

Now all I need is an M&P 40 pro, I will have almost every caliber except .357 sig which is not part of my caliber standardization.
    Yes I actually was flabber-gasted when Hickok45 said that.^^

I was thinking the same thing. He is a Glock fanboy but does like the M&P alot. I did hear him say something like this " Out of all the newer polymer framed guns, like the XD XDM etc. the M&P is the most Glock like (or was the Closest to the Glock)"
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Now I have a K-Tec P11, you want to talk about an interesting trigger.?
    Me too! Maybe that's why I think the M&P trigger is so good?
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

I don't suppose that I wanted a Glock vs M&P thread to sprout out of my quick M&P 40 Pro Series review. But, in the interest of full disclosure, I am a former Glock owner. I can only say that I was never comfortable with the way Glocks fit my hand... Like many have said before, Glocks feel very blocky to a good number of shooters, and that is how it was for me. When I purchased my first M&P, I discovered what was for me a polymer pistol Nirvana. The M&P just fit me like a glove, and it showed in my shooting times and groups... Isn't that what we are all looking for with our self defense pistols?
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Well I just installed the Apex Sear and the Apex Reset Assist Mechanism (RAM) today.

All I can say is, "Wow"! Aside from having the now familiar Apex trigger feel, I now have a real and distinct tactile reset of the trigger. I have been without an audible and tactile reset in my M&P's for so long, I suppose that I forgot that I missed it. The trigger reset was probably the only thing I regretted losing when I sold my Glocks so many years ago. Now that I have it back, I don't want to be without it again.

This is the first of my M&P's to get the RAM upgrade, but it won't be the last.

M&P Pro Series + Apex Sear + Apex RAM = The Perfect Modern Polymer Pistol!
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links