PT845?

This is a discussion on PT845? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I did a search and couldn't find anything in the results. Closest I found was a reference to a PT809. Anyway before anyone decides to ...

Thread: PT845?

PT845?

I did a search and couldn't find anything in the results. Closest I found was a reference to a PT809.

Anyway before anyone decides to bash on the Taurus brand in general, don't, I have several and they work just as good as anything else I have including Glocks.

So I am looking for info from folks that have experience with the PT8.. series, whether you own them or have shot them personally and what you thought.

I handled one this evening and it felt pretty good. Don't know which of the three backstraps it had on it. Felt similar to my 24/7, the safety/decocker was a bit different in placement, and I didn't really check out the trigger, just looked it over a bit, checked how it pointed ect.

Anyway, if you have any input I appreciate it.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

2. Remove Ads

My local gun shop had one and I REALLY liked it. It got gone quick and the owner of the shop told me the guy is a regular and he absolutely LOVES the PT845. They have great designs and my PT709 has been awesome right out of the box all the way through 1500 rounds. Now I've got a guy wanting to buy my 709 off of me and willing to give me a little more than I paid for it because it's tried and true. I don't carry 9mm much anymore and I have 3 of them, so I don't really NEED it, but I just really enjoy shooting it. I need to decide tomorrow...going to a gun show tomorrow, so maybe I'll see something I'd rather have.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I really like them, pretty good overall gun and every one I have ever sold got VERY good reviews.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I bought one two years ago as my EDC/CCW gun. Being 6'7" and 290 allows me to conceal it. Love it, have about 300 rounds through it, ball/hp it took them all, not one FTF or FTE. There is a .22 conversion kit coming out for it, to make it cheap to practice. Gun feels good, weight is perfect, only gripe I would say it the mag release button is VERY stiff. Not sure if I got the one that is too stiff or if they all are, but it can be a pain to eject the mag. Have read all sorts of "Taurus is bad" stuff on most of the blogs/forums I read, but this one has been great. Liked it so much that I got the wife a PT-140 Millenium Pro for her EDC/CCW gun, and it has been great too. Funny thing is, I can't seem to find a holster to save my life for it, and being a lefty makes that even harder. I never see a whole lot of posts on the 845, people talk about the 745 and millenium, but this one gun doesn't get much talk. That's my .02.

Interesting. I have always been tempted to buy Taurus - i just like the look of most of the semi-autos. Haven't done it yet tho - just bought a new SW MP40c last month for about $550, still in the honeymoon phase with it. When funds allow, I would like to get a .45 of some type.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

I bought a PT745 slim 45 Taurus. It shot soft for a small 45, but could not trust it. I would never consider a Taurus Semi auto. Just my opinion from my own personal experience.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    I bought a PT745 slim 45 Taurus. It shot soft for a small 45, but could not trust it. I would never consider a Taurus Semi auto. Just my opinion from my own personal experience.
    And this has what to do with the PT845?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    And this has what to do with the PT845?
    About as much as me telling you that I have a PT-101 that has digested over 3k rounds without a hiccup, absolutely nothing.

Now I have held one and do like it's feel, but I haven't shot one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    What part of do not bash Taurus did you miss in the OP.

Links