quick mini-review of my Ruger LCP

This is a discussion on quick mini-review of my Ruger LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; so i got a ruger LCP last monday and finally got to go to the range today. i went to my local wally world (SE ...

Thread: quick mini-review of my Ruger LCP

so i got a ruger LCP last monday and finally got to go to the range today.

i went to my local wally world (SE Michigan) and picked up a WWB 380, 100 rnd box, for $32. still pretty expensive, but $3-4 cheaper than LGS prices.

i had cleaned my gun before going to the range. i highly recommend this for any new handgun as the packing grease/oil/cosmoline is pretty thick.

first impression of trigger pull is that it is looonnnnggg. makes sense for a gun with no safeties (except the one between your ears). however, once i got to know the feel of the trigger's break point, i was able to double tap pretty well.

i set the target for 25 feet and i was able to get pretty good groupings of between 3-4 inches. the hard part was lining up the non-existent sites. i'd recommend a crimson trace laser for this gun.

i went through 4 magazines (6 rnd) before i got a failure to eject. no problem working the slide and clearing. i then proceeded to finish off the 100 rnds with one additional failure to eject, but final 5 magazines went through with no problems.

as far as felt recoil is concerned, i didn't feel that it was excessive. i don't have large hands (glove size medium), and with the pachmyar grip on it and finger extension on the magazine, i never felt that it was hard to control. i felt that the recovery was good enough that i could double-tap with my strong side hand.

at 12 feet my groups got tighter at 2-3 inches. i attribute that to getting a better sight picture.

also i fired the majority of the rounds 1 handed, both strong and weak sides, as is my habit.

anyway, my conclusion is that this is a pretty nice BUG and i would have no problems depending on it with my life. it's easy enough to fire and control and was able to go through 100 rnds of winchester white box 95 gr. with only 2 failures to eject. not too bad for firing out of the box, but YMMV.

Congratulations on your new LCP! Oh, by the way welcome to the forum!
    God bless our troops!

Sponsored Links