Trust

This is a discussion on Trust within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hey all If you carry a sig and that is the brand you like would you trust it enough to carry right out of the ...

View Poll Results: Trust your gun to carry new right out of the box?

Voters
223. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

41 18.39%
  • No

182 81.61%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Trust

Trust

hey all

If you carry a sig and that is the brand you like would you trust it enough to carry right out of the box?

Or do you need a break-in period?

I am particularly interested in hear from Sig Sauer owners but no matter what brand you prefer please vote and post.

2. Remove Ads

For me its not about a break in as much as it is making sure the gun operates like it should, I am familiar with it and I find ammo that it likes.

VIP Member
    Nope. i test all of them before i trust my life to them.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by ks kid View Post
    For me its not about a break in as much as it is making sure the gun operates like it should, I am familiar with it and I find ammo that it likes.
    I don't own a Sig, so I will forbear voting. But I agree with the above
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    I would WANT to test any gun, of any make, before trusting my life to it. However, if my life were in danger and I had in front of me a table full of new guns, I would grab a Sig or Glock before any other manufacturer, and consider my odds pretty good.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Don't care who made it, if I haven't made sure it shoots well for me in my hands, I won't trust it for carry or HD...HK's, Glocks...even revolvers.

I run at least a couple hundred rounds of FMJ, then at least 50 rounds of my carry ammo through a pistol before I carry it.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

Mechanical object, made by men. Nope, don't trust it right out of the box no matter which brand.
    "Good decisions come from experience;
    experience comes from bad decisions"

Even if I purchase the same gun I'm carrying, I will test it before I let my life count on it.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Sorry but this seems like a "non" poll. Can't imagine anyone doing this and if you're discerning enough to be buying a SIG you probably have done enough thinking and reading that you wouldn't do this unless desperate on the ride home from the store.

I wouldn't even do this with a revolver based on what happened to me with a Ruger SP101 one time.

Gideon

I've never owned a Sig, but I don't trusy ANY firearm that I haven't personally put a few hundred rounds through. Not every gun operates the same and not every gun will accept every kind of ammunition out there. Not to mention that some guns need a good cleaning and lubrication right out of the box.

CMR
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Nope. i test all of them before i trust my life to them.
    Yeah that.
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    When I bought my sig I put 400 rounds through it the first day.....not fun with (2) 7 round magazines....
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I didn't vote as I don't trust anything out of the box--guns, knives, light bulbs, whatever. I like to test everything. Still, I clearly diferentiate between testing and the infamous "break-in." Clearly some guns are ammo style/brand finicky, so it must be tested with the differnt ammos. If it doesn't like Brand X, I don't want to use Brand X. But firing "X" hundred rounds to make it work right? No thanks. If I have to do the finishing work at my expense, I want a discount.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I've owned and carried many quality guns, including Sig, CZ, Springfield Armory, Colt and my Dan Wesson. I trust none of them enough to carry straight out of the box. A gun is a mechanical tool, and as such is subject to flaws in materials and workmanship. Before I'll carry any gun, I function check it with several hundred rounds of target and carry ammo.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Not A Sig! A Glock Maybe !
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links