What ya think of me and my wifes selection:) - Page 3

What ya think of me and my wifes selection:)

This is a discussion on What ya think of me and my wifes selection:) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I counted out of the posters about 13 good handguns experiences to the and 6 bad handgun experiences with Taurus. Remember some had more ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What ya think of me and my wifes selection:)

Well I counted out of the posters about 13 good handguns experiences to the and 6 bad handgun experiences with Taurus. Remember some had more than 1 Taurus handgun.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    that taurus is just as reliable as any other gun in my opinion, my partner carries one that he's had for years and he can still quailify with a perfect score at 25 yards. Nothing wrong with a Taurus, and that Sig is a beautiful gun, love that finish
    +1
    My wife and I trust our lives to Taurus everyday. I really like the looks of that Sig as well.

I wouldn't pay attention to the Taurus haters. But, if you want to learn more about Taurus firearms, you may want to try going here: http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums

I like yours better than I like hers. I started out with a Taurus PT145. Now I have a Sig P220 Carry SAS. As others have said, maybe she could look at Ruger, Sig, or Kahr in the same caliber?

I have owned two Taurus guns (PT92 and 709), and never had any issues with them.
    I have not heard of any issues with the TCP myself, but I haven't really looked either. I do not think the 238 is a better gun as they came out with a Safety Recall soon after it was released: http://www.sigsauer.com/customerserv...38upgrade.aspx
    SIG SAUER, Inc. has initiated a Mandatory Safety Upgrade pertaining to our new Model P238™ pistols. We have determined that a small number of P238 pistols may have safety levers that are not manufactured to factory specifications. Under certain conditions, it may be possible for the lever not to be completely engaged in the safe position. In this condition, the gun will not fire when the trigger is pulled. However, when the safety lever is moved to the off position, the hammer may fall, with the remote possibility that the gun could fire unintentionally, thus creating a risk of injury or death.

I love the Sig!

I won't comment on the TCP... If you can't says something nice...
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

I'd get the Kahr or Ruger before the Taurus, but the Sig is a great choice.

I was just on their site and the white logo's on the grips will now be black. (By customer demand.)

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    I'd get the Kahr or Ruger before the Taurus, but the Sig is a great choice.

I was just on their site and the white logo's on the grips will now be black. (By customer demand.)

Huh, I like the white, glad I bought mine when I did. It would be easy enough to offer both I think.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

I think good for you and good for her, my Cousin got his little girl a pink 410, now we have a new hunter in the family....

I don't think that you'll regret the Sig, they have a stellar reputation.

I'm not skeptical of the TCP because it's a Taurus, or because it's pink. I'm skeptical because it's such a tiny pistol that it's hard to shoot, at least for me.

If your wife can shoot it before you buy it, and she still wants it, then go for it.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

thanks for all the replys everyone....I will definatly get my wife to look at the ruger and karh models, and she will be shooting before she buys:)

I'm trying to get my wife to carry a Lorcin in .25 and get a night job on the "wrong side of the tracks" but no having much luck yet. It appears she is allergic to "working".

Both great choices. I'm a big fan of Sig, I have and carry a 229 sometimes. My wife carries a Taurus 38 revolver.

Pay little attention to the "Taurus isn't any good because I had a bad one" type comments. Every gun manufacturer has had a "bad one" or two or three, etc. I posted this before, but I had a new (pre lock) S&W 637 lock up on me, cylinder wouldn't open, hammer wouldn't move, trigger wouldn't move. Now, S&W took care of it, but I still had the issue with a new S&W revolver. I don't throw S&W under the bus for this, as a matter of fact, S&W revolvers are my favorite.

My wife has shot the crap out of her Taurus, narry a hiccup. Kahrs are top no doubt, but I'd wager there is little to no difference in dependability or usable length of service between the Ruger LCP (which I own) and Taurus TCP. If she likes it, it'll be a good gun for her.
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

VIP Member
    I think you both have picked weapons that will serve you well. I have a brace of Tauri – a PT99 (20+ years old) and a PT145 Millennium Pro (about 1 year old). I have put over 1,000 rounds through the PT145 and many thousands through the PT99. The both function flawlessly as long as I do my part. I have never had to use Taurus’ customer service, but they do warrant their products for life – period. It may take a few weeks to have the work done, but they will stand behind their products.

I am not a Taurus fan boy and I have weapons by other manufacturers – see my avatar for one example. That having been said, I have had nothing but positive experiences with my Taurus products.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I bought my wife a Charter .38 snub in red frame/black cylinder and barrel. She loves it. I got my '85 vintage Walther PPK/S Cerakoted black slide over silver frame and put a Crimson Trace on it.

Administrator
    So, you're buying a Sig for you and possibly a Wilson or Nighthawk in the near future; but a Taurus for your wife? Nice.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links