What ya think of me and my wifes selection:)

This is a discussion on What ya think of me and my wifes selection:) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Will be buying one next weekend...I have it narrowed down to three:) My wife decided she wants this one She is shooting one like it ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What ya think of me and my wifes selection:)

Will be buying one next weekend...I have it narrowed down to three:)

My wife decided she wants this one

She is shooting one like it tormorrow to see if she likes the way it shoots....

Ok back to me. heres my selection

Sig 220 Elite Dark

Also I will be ordering a Wilson Combat or Nighthawk about a month or two from now:)

It always occurs to me with the other-than-black polymer frames how they look after a few months or years of cleaning. They do discolor after a while and are very hard to keep the original color.

I do like them though. If it meant my wife would carry a gun, I wouldn't care if it was paisley patterned!

Not that she'd be caught dead with such a paint-job...

Nice pieces, enjoy!
    That which does not kill us leaves us broken and bleeding...

Donít mess with the guy who can barely stand up. His remaining options for self-defense don't include your survival.

Convenire Volui Spectatus

sgb
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    +1...may make me unpopular, but I just don't trust those things and even if my wife/girlfriend/mother/sister really thought that having a pink gun was an important criteria in the selection process, I wouldn't get her one. Since price is not an issue, at least it doesn't seem to be if you are getting a Wilson AND a Nighthawk along with your Sig, then get her a P238. They make some nice color combinations too that she can get excited about. You are getting a Sig, get your wife one, too. If she is mad about it, take her from the gun store/firing range to the shoe store and see how quick she forgives you.

just my 2 cents.
    KTCameraman

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    that taurus is just as reliable as any other gun in my opinion, my partner carries one that he's had for years and he can still quailify with a perfect score at 25 yards. Nothing wrong with a Taurus, and that Sig is a beautiful gun, love that finish
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

Quote Originally Posted by INccwchris View Post
    that taurus is just as reliable as any other gun in my opinion, my partner carries one that he's had for years and he can still quailify with a perfect score at 25 yards. Nothing wrong with a Taurus, and that Sig is a beautiful gun, love that finish
    I agree. I do not own a TCP, but have several friends that do. They have not had a problem. The reason I got the LCP was Taurus's rep for CS.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

My wife carries a TCP right now. It had a few hiccups the first day I took it out when I was running a bunch of factory reloaded ammo, but with my reloads or good SD rounds and a little fluffing it runs very well now.

That Sig should serve you well. Enjoy your new guns and shoot them often.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Congrats on your choices. As to the Taurus, don't let what others say bother you. If it functions as it is suppose to that is what matters. Only time will tell on that. If it is what feels good to your wife, and she shoots it well, she'll carry it. If you "force" her into a gun she doesn't like, you'll probably have a new paper weight in the safe.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    +2

Too many reliable handguns on the market to take a chance on a Taurus product, IMO.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

The first two TCPs we had at the gunshop broke in less than 50 rounds each.

( you asked )
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I really like the choice of the Sig Sauer P220 Elite Dark, but I am not very fond of Taurus pistols and the TCP. I would have your wife take a good look at the following 9mm pistols: Kahr PM9, Glock 26, Walther PPS or a S&W M&Pc. If she wants a .380 then have her take a look at the following pistols: Sig Sauer P232, Sig Sauer P238, Ruger LCP, Kel-Tec P-3AT, Walther PPK/S or Bersa Thunder CC. It seems to me that a major deciding factor of your wife was she liked the pink color feature of the Taurus TCP so that is definitely not a good signal of a good and rational choice of a defensive carry handgun. I would definitely not allow my wife to carry a Taurus pistol for self-defense.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

If she's wanting it because it's pink, wrong reason. If she's wanting a pink gun, then why not this one?
    http://www.kahr.com/PDF/kp3835.pdf
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Bud's Gun Shop.com has the the new Pink Kahr P380 in stock for only $557:

The Kahr online store even has a matching holster available for it:

The Ruger LCP is available in Pink as well:

I do not agree with all those who dislike the Taurus simply because it is a Taurus. I have two Taurus PT1911s and love them as much, or more than, my 7 other 1911s. With that said however, picking a pistol based on its color is not a good idea. I think that the Taurus TCP is a good pistol and, if I did not already own two LCPs, I would probably buy one. Both Kel-Tec and Ruger offer their guns in Rasberry and Ruger has an engraved version to boot. Have your wife wife take a look at these as well. As to your choice of the Sig 220, it is a great gun unless you are planning to carry concealed. That is a big gun. Once you get a 1911, I doubt that you will ever carry the Sig. Check out the Raspberry LCP here www.hoffgun.com click on the featured item link. They have them for $249. That is probably less than what you would pay for the TCP.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I don't think much of you at all. As for your wife's selection, more power to her.

Just kidding, couldn't resist the jab at the grammar. Carry whatever each of you is comfortable with. It's your (and her) gun, not everyone else's.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links