Indoor and Outdoor Carry

Indoor and Outdoor Carry

This is a discussion on Indoor and Outdoor Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Indoor carry is a .38 S&W 442 with Hornady CDI rounds. Outdoor carry is a Ruger 9mm SR9c with Hornady CDI rounds. I think this ...

Thread: Indoor and Outdoor Carry

Indoor and Outdoor Carry

Indoor carry is a .38 S&W 442 with Hornady CDI rounds. Outdoor carry is a Ruger 9mm SR9c with Hornady CDI rounds. I think this will handle most situations. At home I have a 20ga Remington 870 with no. 2 buckshot.

fknipfer1

VIP Member
    Personally, I don't see the point in changing from one to the other. Both are sufficient to the task. Maybe if I were changing attire, sweats or something. Othedwise, just stick to one or the other. Avoid confusion.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

I am to lazy for all that holster swapping. I would probably just carry the Ruger and if I had to wear a cold weather coat that would interfer with access to the Ruger I would coat pocket carry the 642 weak side.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Indoors or outdoors it's my DW CBOB. If I'm out of bed and dressed it's on my hip.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    My .45 ACP G30 works the same indoors or outdoors. Apparently it's not comcerned about the amount of daylight or the weather.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Stick with one platform

I really don't see the need for different guns indoors as opposed to out of doors unless you are in bear country. In that case make mine something in at least 45 Colt. I carry several different handguns, most of them are 1911s. I have everything form 3" guns to 5" guns. They all work the same so I am comfortable with all of them and my spare mags work in all of them. Also, one holster works for all of them. Actually, I have seperate holsters for the 5 inch guns which I generally find to big to carry concealed. Other than that though, I use my Milt Sparks commander length VMII for all my guns. The only other guns that I carry regularly are my BUGs, two LCPs. On the other hand, if I were headed into bear country, which I do live in by the way, I would probably go with a 1911 in 10mm just because I am familiar with the platform.

I'm one of the relatively few guys on this board that just carries the same gun in the same place all the time. I don't switch holsters, platforms, calibers; nothing. I don't knock having choices, this just works for me (and my budget.)

I think it was John Bianchi who said stick to one gun, with one holster, and practice all the time, or words to that effect. Good advice.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

I have an NAA .22mag Mini revolver in my pocket at all times where I can legelly carry it. But when I go outside the house. I also bring my Taurus Mod 85 or my Colt defender.

GM
    The only that matters is that it works for you.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sponsored Links