Conventional trigger for Glock?

This is a discussion on Conventional trigger for Glock? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by John Wesley I really like my wife's Glock 36. I just don't like the Glock's trigger. I don't like the 2-piece "middle-moves ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conventional trigger for Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by John Wesley View Post
    I really like my wife's Glock 36. I just don't like the Glock's trigger. I don't like the 2-piece "middle-moves first" type of trigger. It's just me.

Is it possible to switch out this trigger for a "conventional" one? I am OK with the weight of the pull and everything. I'd just like a one-piece trigger.

Is there an option out there?
    Well, you could just remove the trigger safety from your trigger, since all it does is block the trigger from being pulled back. I hardly think it's necessary, I don't even notice it's there, but if you want to...why not. Of course after you remove it, you are increasing the risk of shooting yourself in the leg if the trigger snags during re-holstering.
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

2. Remove Ads

Thanks guys! (I've been away from my computer for a few days)

I guess it just feels strange to me. I can't really describe it. Maybe I am expecting it to pinch me or something. I think I will spend a little more time at the range with the wife's Glock.

I am assuming that there isn't a replacement for it since that wasn't mentioned. I own mostly DA\SA guns with relatively wide triggers. Based on what everyone has said I won't attempt to change the trigger. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Thanks for all the responses. I'll take your advice!

The Glock has 3 safeties. You want to remove the very first one in the Glock design leaving the trigger exposed for an ND? The DA would have a field day with you in court when he asks who removed one of the three factory safeties the manufacturer designed into the gun. I also don't recommend lightening the trigger pull by swapping the connector, especially for a carry gun. This normally done to weapons used in competition. Every person who teaches weapon safety and carry recommendations that I've read discourages it, including Masad Ayoob. Again, the first thing the DA will ask is why you lightened the trigger in an attempt to make you look overly aggressive. It has happened.

It won't end well for you.

And to correct a previous post the lever in the trigger is not the drop safety. It's the trigger safety, which is the first of the three safeties to be deactivated as you pull the trigger The second safety is a small metal tab on the trigger bar the pushes in a plunger in the slide as you continue to pull and allows the striker to move when released by the cruciform/sear.. The last safety is the drop safety, which consists of a metal shelf machined into the receiver that prevents the sear from moving if the weapon is dropped, which prevents an accidental firing of the weapon.

My .02 YMMV.

I really like my wife's Glock 36. I just don't like the Glock's trigger. I don't like the 2-piece "middle-moves first" type of trigger. It's just me.

Is it possible to switch out this trigger for a "conventional" one? I am OK with the weight of the pull and everything. I'd just like a one-piece trigger.

Is there an option out there?
    Don't touch the safety set up - or if you do write "SUE ME" in big letters on your forehead.

Thanks guys! (I've been away from my computer for a few days)

I guess it just feels strange to me. I can't really describe it. Maybe I am expecting it to pinch me or something. I think I will spend a little more time at the range with the wife's Glock.

I am assuming that there isn't a replacement for it since that wasn't mentioned. I own mostly DA\SA guns with relatively wide triggers. Based on what everyone has said I won't attempt to change the trigger. Maybe I'll get used to it.

Thanks for all the responses. I'll take your advice!

It won't pinch you. I didn't care for it when I had to switch to glocks, but quickly got used to it. The only time the trigger safety has bothered me was when I had consecutive range days of 750 and 350 rounds. Then I built up a callus and it hasn't been a problem.

I asked the same question here; I am such a fan of my Glock but at first was not happy with the trigger. By the way that is the only safety on the Gun. Now I am 100% happy with it but it took some time to get accustom to it did a lot of dry fire and the balance the penny drill etc...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links