Ode to the LCP

This is a discussion on Ode to the LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I REALLY wish you idiots would stop starting these threads dedicated to the LCP. I just about have my itch to buy a LCP soothed ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ode to the LCP

I REALLY wish you idiots would stop starting these threads dedicated to the LCP. I just about have my itch to buy a LCP soothed when someone starts up this kind of thread and I get the itch again.

At long last, have you no decency left?

I live in the burbs in Houston and take the park and ride bus to our office downtown and I get to walk about ten blocks to the office and pass some of Houston's finest downtown folks and I keep thinking "I wish I had brought my LCR with me". The LCR is a bit to bulky to pocket carry at work all day (our company does not have a no-guns policy and neither does the building our office is located in) and I am thinking the LCR would be PERFECT for concealed pocket carry.

Someone please talk me out of this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PSLOwner View Post
    I REALLY wish you idiots would stop starting these threads dedicated to the LCP. I just about have my itch to buy a LCP soothed when someone starts up this kind of thread and I get the itch again.

I live in the burbs in Houston and take the park and ride bus to our office downtown and I get to walk about ten blocks to the office and pass some of Houston's finest downtown folks and I keep thinking "I wish I had brought my LCR with me". The LCR is a bit to bulky to pocket carry at work all day (our company does not have a no-guns policy and neither does the building our office is located in) and I am thinking the LCR would be PERFECT for concealed pocket carry.

Don't look at me to talk you out of it. <G> I have one in my pocket right now. It has made it possible to be
    armed when nothing else would have.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I think it would be idiotic for someone that has a real need of an ideal pocket carry gun to not own a LCP.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959 View Post
    I think it would be idiotic for someone that has a real need of an ideal pocket carry gun to not own a LCP.
    Uh-oh, the "double idiot" logic. I am powerless against that.

Perhaps next weekend I'll pay a visit to my local gun store and just check them out........

I know the second I hold one I will want it.

I know the second I hold one I will want it.
    lol, sure, just hold one. I used the same logic in January. I have not been able to put it down since.

Maybe someone can tell me why, with certain pants, my LCP does not come out of the pocket holster--- out comes gun and holster! Am I doing something wrong, or just wearing pants that are too floppy? Thanks, LCP lovers.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959 View Post
    Because of the CM9 and PM9. Little .380's are a thing of the past in my opinion, but to each their own.

-Former LCP owner.

los
    The LCP is an ideal carry Piece.

Micro sized, inexpensive and made in a formidable self-defense caliber that has killed more people than Cecil B. DeMille.
    BubbaDX likes this.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Maybe someone can tell me why, with certain pants, my LCP does not come out of the pocket holster--- out comes gun and holster! Am I doing something wrong, or just wearing pants that are too floppy? Thanks, LCP lovers.
    I think its a combination of a loose fit and wide pockets. I have the same problem. If you push down on the hoster with your thumb as part of the draw, it helps. But this method works best with a leather holster.

BubbaDX: Thanks for that. I will take it under advisement!!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Because of the CM9 and PM9. Little .380's are a thing of the past in my opinion, but to each their own.

-Former LCP owner.
    I have both LCPs and a PM9. While the PM9 is only slightly larger, it is significantly heavier. For some, that will make a difference - as will the price. The bottom line is that the little .380s aren't going anywhere, until someone can make a pocket sized 9mm out of light weight unobtanium, while keeping the price down. Which ain't gonna happen anytime soon...
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I just bought an LCP today. I couldn't stop thinking about it for months! I can't wait to shoot it. I'm also looking for a good pocket holster.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brian l View Post
    I just bought an LCP today. I couldn't stop thinking about it for months! I can't wait to shoot it. I'm also looking for a good pocket holster.
    Mine has been riding in my right rear pocket, every day for over two years now in this (although mine is the pre-zipper verion - I like the fake zipper btw). I've fallen off ladders with it, etc.. It is a sturdy and safe holster.
    Attached Images

Still thinking of selling mine: it's too " snappy" to enjoy at the range. I KNOW--- it's not a range gun, but after one mag. I've had enough with it. Think I'll take a look at the LC9 IF I can find one. What say you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Boy View Post
    Still thinking of selling mine: it's too " snappy" to enjoy at the range. I KNOW--- it's not a range gun, but after one mag. I've had enough with it. Think I'll take a look at the LC9 IF I can find one. What say you?!
    ONE MAG and you've had enough?! Seriously? I ran through a low light class with mine, no issues. I've shot upwards of 300 round in a single session.

Do you use the finger extension mag base plate? It helps you get a firm grip, and keeps the pistol from jumping around too much. Helps keep you from getting beat up too much.

The LC9 will not take the place of the LCP - it is just too big to be a true "go in any pocket" gun.

I find it hilarious how so many think the .380 is too weak for defense, but then complain about how the micro .380s beat them up (just a general comment - not directed at you).

Keep the LCP...man up and shoot it like you mean it! (j/k)
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links