Ode to the LCP

This is a discussion on Ode to the LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First off, my point here is not to debate whether .380 is a sufficient self-defense round. It's really more to praise a little gun that's ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ode to the LCP

VIP Member

Ode to the LCP

First off, my point here is not to debate whether .380 is a sufficient self-defense round.

It's really more to praise a little gun that's always with me, and has never failed to feed a round - bone stock (372-# series). I've had it for about two years now, and it's really proven itself.

This weekend I was at range blowing the dust off some guns. After going through my favorite shooters (1911's and Glocks), I decided that it's been a while since the LCP got a workout. I was amazed that at 25' and 50', I was getting the same groups as I was with the full-size guns. Dare I say, I even enjoyed shooting it. The long trigger is smooth enough to hold dead on, and follow up shots were pretty quick.

I do believe that Ruger got this one right.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    +1. That's why I'm on the list for the first LC9 that shows up at my local dealer.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

agreed,i bought my lcp last summer and i'm still amazed at this little pocket pistol..not a single problem or failure,it's been perfect ..i wish i could shoot mine as good as you though

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    agreed,i bought my lcp last summer and i'm still amazed at this little pocket pistol..not a single problem or failure,it's been perfect ..i wish i could shoot mine as good as you though
    You never know - I might just be a lousy shot with all my guns

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I like mine! Some folks don't like them for a multitude of reasons. It don't say Glock, it ain't a 1911 etc. etc. I consider mine to have been a damn good purchase. BTW, mine is older, 370- series.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Last night was a rough night - daughter up sick all night, and so was I. So...really wanted to be comfy today. Solution? Today I carried my two LCPs...one in the right pocket, and one in the left. Hardly could feel 'em. And if you do your part, they'll do theirs.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I had an LCP, but found it a little too "snappy" for my liking. I traded it in for an LCR, which I prefer. But, I do understand the reason for liking the LCP so much. It is so easy to conceal and carry, and you hardly know it's there. But the LCR is also light (less than 16 ounces fully loaded), so I traded the little .380 for a .38 snubby.
    Last edited by JonInNY; January 24th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Well I missed my little Ruger LCP, and tonight I took care of that malady by buying a new hard chrome LCP, and I loaded her with Corbon DPX hollowpoints. Life is good again!
    God bless our troops!

Although your "ode" was not quite poetic, I believe that I can compliment this thread with a bit of LCP art...

bigdog44 and Lewis128 like this.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

Distinguished Member
    Love the photo. It looks so big!

The LCP is a wonderful option. Sort of like my little personal kicker.

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    Awww I can relate. My journey started with a keltec P3AT. I had problems with it lot's of problems with it, and then more problems until I got rid of it but I longed for a true dedicated pocket gun that fit in "MY" pocket.

Along came the P3AT 2nd generation with the frankenstien bolt; but what a joy, it worked! and worked, and worked, with anything and everything! Snappy and a bit of a bit from the checkering but it worked....but then

Came along the LCP. Such a refinement. I felt guilty for moving on but she was smoother, sexier, sleeker, such refinement and finish! I had to have her and dumped my old rough and frumpy P3AT. Felt bad but couldn't help it...and then...

The recal I thought I'd loose it but I kept my head and in the end it turned out okay. I thought I'd found bliss but....

then I saw the Kahr P380, everything my beloved LCP was and so much more. Full size sights, a trigger that was better than the vast majority of full size service pistols! A grip and feel that was exquisite! And she worked, and works, and never fails to work!

So I understand what you're saying. I've actually been tempted to get another LCP because I liked it so much but I have one perfect pocket piece and that's enough for me.

Gideon

Gotta love the LCP, the gun that can go anywhere

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    The LCP is normally with me 24/7 as a BUG or sometimes primary if I can't carry a larger handgun.

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Here is mine with a Remora no clip and a custom made (by me ) iwb holster. The LCP goes everywhere.
    Attached Images
    Use wisely your power of choice

my LCP is taken every place i go & in my hands shoots very very well...this fella is very much pleased....well done Ruger !!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links