Arrrgh........Glocks are like.....

This is a discussion on Arrrgh........Glocks are like..... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Awesome pistols them there Glocks!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrrgh........Glocks are like.....

Awesome pistols them there Glocks!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The Glock 33 .357 SIG barrel will do the job. Going to 9mm (Lone Wolf and Storm Lake sell conversion barrels as do others) also requires a 9mm mag (G26). Still, it's cheaper than buying another gun.
    I also think the conversion from .40 to 9mm requires a different ejector - but don't quote me.

Good resources are Glockmeister and TopGlock.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    ... then you better do not get a 1911, because they really are like rabbits

Way too late for that, we have 2 Kimbers, a Rock Island, a Springfield, a WWII Remington that was my Grandfathers service sidearm and a complete set of WWI Colts with there display boxes. Promised the wife we would hold off on any more 1911's for a while.

But it is 2011 so you just know it would be wrong not to buy one this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    I also think the conversion from .40 to 9mm requires a different ejector - but don't quote me.

Good resources are Glockmeister and TopGlock.

Mine didn't. Most people don't need a different ejector, from what I've read, however some people do, in fact, (choose to) change the ejector. If you plan to shoot light target loads in 9mm with your .40S&W Glock, however, you'll be facing the same recoil spring induced FTEs that (early) G17/19 owners had. You might want to buy a reduced weight recoil spring, but for plinking the occasional FTE isn't a big deal. That said, I wouldn't feel comfortable using any conversion-ware for self-defense, personally.

Cheers!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Indeed my friend. I really want a Glock 26 but I also like the 27 since I prefer the .40 S&W cartridge. Which one do you recommend?
    I have a Glock 26 for my EDC. I bought it because it's the gun with which I score best on the first two stages of the IDPA classification match. The gun is amazing for double taps and Mozambiques. For some reason almost dead stock (with a +0 Pierce pinkie grip extension) it's just the perfect balance of weight and recoil to make 1/4 second split double taps that are always within 2 inches of each other. Get the first one in COM, the second one will be right there with it - get the first one in the head part of the target, the second one will be right there with it a quarter second later. It's an awesome gun for close quarters SD.

My Glock 19 won't do that nearly as quickly. For me at least, my hands, grip, the match between the dynamics of the gun and my body, the 26 is the perfect SD pistol for me. I have the 19 for HD because it has the rail for a light (I think a rail light is essential for target verification on an HD gun most likely used at night).

I'd love to carry a 27, and I'm certain the .40 is a better cartridge "if", and it's a critical "if", I could get as good shot placement as I can with a 9mm. In my case I can't get even close to the shot placement accuracy with the .40 that I can with the 9mm. Yes, it's "only" a 9mm, but the combination of 11 rounds capacity, good shot placement, decent concealability, reliability approaching that of gravity, and COR-BON DPX or equivelant ammunition make it an excellent choice for carry and SD.

YMMV

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by ncsteveh View Post
    CZ's let them into the safe and they multiply. I bought a 19 & 20 a few weeks ago and promptly lost the 19 to the wife. Well now it seems that she's gone out and bought a 26 for herself.

Guess I can't complain though, she got me a shotty for my B-Day and I think I can have the 19 back.
    Tell me about it.....I'm up to 10
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

A month ago I had two Glocks...now I have five!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My G26 produced a G21! Now they're in the corner conspiring about a G32! LOL
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

I had a G-27, but.....I sold it and got a G30.....love it love it! G-30 is pretty smooth shooting and rattles less than the 27. But if you want to conceal the 27 is the way to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links