Picked up my new EDC yesterday.

This is a discussion on Picked up my new EDC yesterday. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I walked into the gun shop yesterday to see if my G23 had come in. The salesman says "well, kinda." Then proceeds to show ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up my new EDC yesterday.

So I walked into the gun shop yesterday to see if my G23 had come in. The salesman says "well, kinda." Then proceeds to show me the only glock that he could get in this week, a g23c RTF2. He then says he will let me have it for the same price as the 23 gen3, $550 OTD . I couldn't pass this up so after a little cleaning and a couple of dry firings, I went to the local indoor range to try it out. Not to bad for the first time ever shooting any glock. What do you all think about carrying a compensated glock as a CCW?

this group was offhand at 10 yds rapid fire 2 mags.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Don't think much either way. Some claim the barrel slits will blind you when shooting in the dark, but I don't necessarily buy that. Never fired a compensated one, so can't say if it helps tame muzzle rise. That RTF2 is a bit too rough for me, prefer the current RTF.

That helped a lot, didn't it? What really matters is how you like it; you're the one carrying it. Enjoy!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    It will not blind you at night. It would shoot like a normal pistol.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Congrats on the new Glock.

Cool. I've never fired a compensated Glock so I have no idea what the difference would be or how it would affect night vision. But love my G19!
    "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
    You are not paranoid if They are actually out to get you, however, They probably are not and you probably are.

Like your EDC choice, I can not comment on the compensated question with any real knowledge; but I think the GLOCK for EDC is the only way to go myself.

I think; think not know, that night shooting with or without the gun being compensated produces about the same amount of flash, not sure if some of it going up instead of out would matter with the gun at eye height???

The whole night shooting blindness thing dose not worry me. I took it out to some property we own and shot a little last night. Compared to my friends uncompensated 22, their was little difference in brightness. The thing I like most about this little thing is the reduced muzzle flip. follow up shots are way quicker because the sights hardly move off target after each shot.

Nice looking Glock you have there.. congrats!!! Also, it looks like your pattern is awesome

I personally dont care for the compensated models, but it should serve you well.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Can't go wrong with a Glock!

I have never had a compensated (anything) Would like to shoot a Glock 22 compensated to compare to my stock G-22 and see if there is a real noticable difference with follow up shots.....

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    The only Glock I have ever fired was a compensated Glock 17 that I rented for fun one day at the range along with a Sig Sauer P250, a Taurus PT-45, a Beretta M9 and a Smith & Wesson M&P9. Of all the pistols, I was freakishly accurate with the Glock 17 so I can assure you that you just got an awesome pistol. Congratulations on a fantastic deal and amazing pistol!
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Just be careful if you have to fire from the retention posistion (gun hand tucked next to your body) depending on the type of ammunition you are using (low flash would be the best) there may be a little flash close to the face issue. Make sure you have good eye protection and give it a try on the range and see what happens. Let us know.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Congrats on your 23c.

I have a 19c on order, but it's not in yet. Everyone talks about the c models having increased flash, increased noise, and shooting from retention. You've answered the flash issue (no issue), did you notice it being any louder (don't care about the retention issue) ? My guess is that the posts about being blinded by the flash are from people that don't even have a c model and have never shot one, but they do know how to spread crap over the internet (one person says it, so it's the gospel).

Also, from the looks of that target, are you sure you haven't shot a Glock before ? Just think, it's gonna get better!
    Glock Certified Armorer

Can never down buying a Glock.
    Got no info on the compensated issue or non-issue(depending on how you look at it).
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links