Defensive Carry banner

Does there exist a 3" hammerless revolver?

8K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  ev239 
#1 ·
I would be very interested to find a 3" hammerless (not just spurless) revolver in either .357mag or even just .38spl.

Does anyone else think a 3" S&W 340 or Ruger LCR would just be the coolest? It would add more velocity and a tad longer sight radius all in a smooth snag free design. In a defensive situation you're supposed to shoot DA anyways right? It would be less pocket friendly, but a lot of folks prefer belt carry anyways.

I think there's a market for these.

#6 ·
The 640 looks perfect! Thanks, I didn't realized those existed, but then again S&W has made so many variations over the years it's no surprise.

Here's a 3" model that I want!

#7 ·
Doesn't the Ruger SP101 fit the bill? I shot one at the range with 38 Special cartridges and the recoil was very manageable. On top of that, it's built like a tank and will, I'm told, last forever!

#10 ·
Rex, I know that Centennials still have hammers. I only use the term hammerless because that is commonly used to describe revolvers with no visible hammer.

#11 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.