My new baby!! Finally here!!!

This is a discussion on My new baby!! Finally here!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carry a 649 as a BUG for a few years now. I believe the 649 is the ultimate pocket gun. I prefer ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new baby!! Finally here!!!

I have been carry a 649 as a BUG for a few years now. I believe the 649 is the ultimate pocket gun. I prefer the Hogue rubber grips, and I carry it in a Mika pocket holster. Congrats on a fine revolver. Now you just need to watch the you tube video that shows you how to remove that stupid lock. It was the first thing I did to mine.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

2. Remove Ads

Nice pistol you got there!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

That's a beautiful Baby!!!!!

Congrats.....I just love the day when a new baby comes home also
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

Great looking pistol. I have the same model JIT by Don Hume for my Kahr CW9. It is a nice holster for a great price! I would like to hear about the trigger when you have time for a range report.

Shoot safe,

-- Richard
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does, he needs it very badly!" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Great looking new family member, I am a revolver fan myself, let us know how it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I have been carry a 649 as a BUG for a few years now. I believe the 649 is the ultimate pocket gun. I prefer the Hogue rubber grips, and I carry it in a Mika pocket holster. Congrats on a fine revolver. Now you just need to watch the you tube video that shows you how to remove that stupid lock. It was the first thing I did to mine.
    Thanks NC but I've decided not to mess with the lock. I do agree it's a stupid idea and unnecessary but I have a friend who is an avid S&W owner (he has like 10 I think - 4 with locks) and he told me as long as you NEVER engage the lock it will not fail. This guy runs THOUSANDS of rounds through his guns on the range...hunting....CC'ing and has never had a problem. From what I read scouring the internet for days the actual occurrences of failure are VERY rare and are usually associated with the Sc and Ti super lightweights. Even the gun shop told me the same thing. He told me...get home...throw away the keys and be happy. :)

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    I can feel the excitement vibes thru cyber space! Congrads, I share your enthusiasm, you made a great choice! We want a full range report.
    You got it Glockman. I was going to wait to hit the outdoors because I'm not a fan of our local indoor range but I can't contain myself. LOL I'm going to take my Glock19, CA 38 undercover and my new baby 649 to the range today. Going to shoot some 38's and .357's thru her. I'll post my findings later today. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links