Just bought a new Kahr P9!!!! - Page 2

Just bought a new Kahr P9!!!!

This is a discussion on Just bought a new Kahr P9!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dbramhall Just bought a new Kahr P9!!!! After going through a LOT of handguns, both revolvers and semi-autos, I settled on the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbramhall View Post
    Just bought a new Kahr P9!!!!
    After going through a LOT of handguns, both revolvers and semi-autos, I settled on the P9 as my all-time favorite carry gun. Mine is one of the earliest P-series and has performed flawlessly. Thin, light, accurate, dependable - what's not to like?! I hope you like yours as much as I do mine.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Just make sure you use the slide release to chamber the first round. If you don't rack (slingshot) the first round forcefully and correctly, you may get a misfeed. Other than that, a good cleaning and lubrication should work great. I wanted to buy a P9, but they didn't have any in stock near me at the time, so I ended up with the PM9.
    +1 I have the PM9 and CW9. Enjoy your new P9. Congrats.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Congrats on your new pistol!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Thanks everybody!

Congrats!

Care to say what you paid for it?
    I have a LNIB all black P-9 with night sights, 4 mags dble mag holder and IWB Hidden Holster that will be for sale, just trying to figure out how to price the package before I post it in the for sale section.
    Less than 200 rnds carried it twice, jus can't get away from my 1911s.

J.W.
    Last edited by Josey Wales; January 28th, 2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Congrats!
    NRA Life
    SASS 96744

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"

Good purchase. I just noticed on Bud's that they dropped the price of the cheaper version of the P9....they're selling the CW9 for $366 delivered. You'll never find one new at that price and you'd also be hard pressed to find one used for that low. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=18442
    I'll bet Kahr is forced to bring the price of their guns down in the next year due to all the new slim-line competition that's being introduced into the market.

Congrats. You'll love it... I love mine. It carries very easy and shoots well.

Quote Originally Posted by GunKeen View Post
    Good purchase. I just noticed on Bud's that they dropped the price of the cheaper version of the P9....they're selling the CW9 for $366 delivered. You'll never find one new at that price and you'd also be hard pressed to find one used for that low. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=18442
    I'll bet Kahr is forced to bring the price of their guns down in the next year due to all the new slim-line competition that's being introduced into the market.
    I was looking at the CW9, but since you can't put nite sights, I went for the P9

Quote Originally Posted by Josey Wales View Post
    Congrats!

Care to say what you paid for it?
    I have a LNIB all black P-9 with night sights, 4 mags dble mag holder and IWB Hidden Holster that will be for sale, just trying to figure out how to price the package before I post it in the for sale section.
    Less than 200 rnds carried it twice, jus can't get away from my 1911s.

J.W.
    They're selling the KP9094 (Black, Standard Sights) for $559. I wasn fortunate to be able to get Store member friend/familly pricing. Do you want to break 2 of your mags off from your package deal? I'm looking to pickup 2 more. Preferably not the ones with the larger finger extension.

Distinguished Member
    +2 on the grip sleeve. I like the qwik grip # 3, no finger grooves and it fits perfect.

Visit kahrtalk, they have a sticky, on break-in and lubing, that might be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dbramhall View Post
    They're selling the KP9094 (Black, Standard Sights) for $559. I wasn fortunate to be able to get Store member friend/familly pricing. Do you want to break 2 of your mags off from your package deal? I'm looking to pickup 2 more. Preferably not the ones with the larger finger extension.
    Well 3 of them are the 8 rnd ext mags, I would like to see if it goes as a package, was thinking $700.00 for all.
    NRA Life
    SASS 96744

"Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is"

I have the pm9. It's a sweet shooter. I've had no problems with it at all. Just cleaned it when new, oiled the slide rails, racked it manually about a hundred times or so, then fired a whole bunch of rounds through it. I carry it pocket sometimes but prefer IWB in my highnoon tuckable.

I LIKE KAHR!

Another Happy Kahr owner, P45 and PM9 for me. I carry them Every day. PM9 perfect right out of the box, not so with the P45, extractor. 5 days after I sent it back to Kahr it was back in my hands and has been Perfect since, they even installed a set of night sights on it for free, of course after a phone call to see if it was alright, it has been perfect since, over 1000 rds.

Enjoy your P9
    02PSD4ME

Well I just got back from putting my 1st 300 rounds down range with 0 failures! It took me a couple mags to find my groove, get used to the sights, and adjust to the recoil difference (used to G19). My 1st impression, and I am confident it will stay the same is that is a GREAT weapon! Now that I've broken it in, I'm just going to clean/lube it, load up w/Critical Defense, and then as soon as my new holster (Comp Tac MTAC w/extra body to accomodate my G19 too) arrives this will be making it's way in to my regular carry rotation. I think my Glock may even get a little jealous for a while. Now I just need to see if I can find a thumb loader, so that my thumb won't feel like I put it though a meat grinder.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Now I just need to see if I can find a thumb loader, so that my thumb won't feel like I put it though a meat grinder.
    Google Uplula. Well worth the money.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links