HK 45c Questions?

HK 45c Questions?

This is a discussion on HK 45c Questions? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking to purchase a 45 acp and have been looking at the 1911's and Glock G36. Today I pick up a HK 45c ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HK 45c Questions?

I am looking to purchase a 45 acp and have been looking at the 1911's and Glock G36. Today I pick up a HK 45c at the LGS and liked the way it felt, the DA/SA trigger is like a 1911 which is a plus, anyone have any experience with the HK's?

Is the HK 45c easy to use and conceal for EDC?

How is the accuracy compared to Glock and 1911's?

Senior Moderator
    Frequently carry my full size HK45. Reliable as a hammer and very accurate.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Reliable, accurate and has a great trigger. On the down side I think it is also big, bulky and heavy. If you are a smaller person you might have a tough time concealing it if you wear clothes that fit.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Yes the size is not going to be easy to carry, not much response from owners maybe not many owner out there?

Own a full size and a compact, carry neither. Too large for me...carry 1911 style most of time. I do have threaded barrels for both HK's and a can. Alot of fun to shoot with silencer, but still too large to conceal very well.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Alternative H&K suggestion for CCW

I like H&K pistols and have a couple of the USP models. But in general I find H&Ks a little thick for easy concealed carry, including the HK45c model you are asking about. Of the H&K pistols I have seen and handled, the one that most appeals to me for concealed carry is the P2000sk model, which is available in 9mm, .40S&W and .357 Sig, but not in .45. Here is a picture of this gun from Ken Lunde's website:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Could carry this baby better....use extended mag for range work.

http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

I can't help you on the fact of how easy to conceal because I never really tried much but I have owned and used several HK firearms for law enforcement purposes and they are great weapons. I have yet to handle one that was not completely reliable and accurate. I am a huge Sig fan but I will have to admit that all the HK weapons I have used were flawless.

I own a p30, p2000sk, and a 45c. You really can't go wrong with the 45c.

I find it super easy to carry in a comp tac iwb and actually carry all three guns in the same holster they carry about the same.

It's just a awesome shooter! I have over 3500 rounds no problems ever but the same can be said of the other 2 also!

Good luck oh you won't own just one hk I've bought all three since september.

You might be interested in an interview with Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn; two of the world's best firearms trainers and two men who had a lot of input on the HK45's development.

If I were in the market for a .45, the only deliberation would be between the HK45 and HK45c.

Distinguished Member Array LanceORYGUN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    the DA/SA trigger is like a 1911 which is a plus, anyone have any experience with the HK's?
    The SA pull on HK DA/SA handguns is very similar to the trigger pull on 1911's And you could carry the pistol cocked and locked, just like a 1911.

The DA pull on my own HK USP, though, is absolutely dreadful. Extremely heavy with lots of creep. How did the DA trigger pull on this HK45 feel?

If you want a small, compact .45 for concealed carry, consider getting a SIG P245 like I have. These guns are very accurate, and have fantastic DA and SA trigger pulls. They have a short frame just like a 1911 Officers model, making it easy to conceal. However, instead of the short 3.5 inch barrel of the Colt Officers, they have a real nice 3.9 inch barrel.

Here is a photo of my P245 on the right, next to my Kahr PM9 on the left:

There are a couple of P245's for sale right now on Gunbroker.com

Here is a used duo tone P245, like mine for sale for $660:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=213773607

And here is a Sig P245 that is still unfired and new in the box! Standard finish, but it is brand new. They want $670 for it, which is a very good buy indeed for a NIB Sig.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=213647805

Love mine, very easy to cc.

I don't have much experience w/other handguns. I've only fired a glock, taurus and a friends piece of garbage handgun (the name of it currently escapes me) so my opinion may not carry as much weight but, I don't want to carry anything else.

I plan on picking up the full-size this year and at a later date another 45c (I just want to learn to shoot one platform REALLY well)

So yah, very happy with mine. Not one malfunction that I can recall right now. Trust it like my life depends on it

Just my $.02. Worth every bit you paid for it
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ----
    If not me, then who?

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I carry an HK USP Compact .40 S&W and I have no problems concealing it with a good holster and gun belt under a t-shirt or button down shirt. I don't wear baggy clothes, but I am slender so that helps. HK pistols are not any thicker than the Glocks, so if it feels right in your hand go for it. Just to make sure, perhaps you can try asking your LGS if you can put the HK45c in a holster at the store and try concealing it IWB and OWB to see how it feels.
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous... If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for?" [Clint Smith - Thunder Ranch]

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Reliable, accurate and has a great trigger. On the down side I think it is also big, bulky and heavy. If you are a smaller person you might have a tough time concealing it if you wear clothes that fit.
    And they're grossly overpriced.
    War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

There are three kinds of people, sheep, sheepdogs, and wolves. If you don't understand this, you're a sheep.

Are you a turtle?

And they're grossly overpriced
    I find that funny compared to what keltc yes a wilson no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links