Soon To Be New EDC Gun - Page 2

Soon To Be New EDC Gun

This is a discussion on Soon To Be New EDC Gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I noticed that in the rear view pic, the release sticks out just a bit more. The safey has to go on my "70" the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Soon To Be New EDC Gun

JD
    Administrator
    I noticed that in the rear view pic, the release sticks out just a bit more. The safey has to go on my "70" the factory is still a hair to short for serious range time, after 20 rds it's digging in pretty fierce

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

Shoot if you had it engraved....

It could be a barb-que gun, also
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

true could be my commander BBQ gun

One nice looking weapon.

So today i made it out shooting with this Gun

After i had fitted a Ambi safety to it about a week ago.

Had to Jams off of fresh mag which was weird as they are both brand new mags.

Other than that no problems what so ever i stopped using those mags and it ran fine

Only thing is it shot a little low no bad enough for me to worry but the wilson V-grip is supposed to make it shoot little higher might have to try a actual beavertail and see if higher grip changes that.

Feed my carry ammo flawlessly and i loaded it once i was done at the range and put it in the holster its now in the rotation

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Well here you go Bud. Ol' Sidney can get you all fixed up with a Bar-B-Q gun. http://www.sidryan.com/price.html

I think ill have to wait for a while been expensive 2 weeks for guns

Put a Like new LH 7mm Mag 700 BDL remington on layaway today at the price for a lefty i couldn't pass it up

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    I think ill have to wait for a while been expensive 2 weeks for guns

Put a Like new LH 7mm Mag 700 BDL remington on layaway today at the price for a lefty i couldn't pass it up
    I'm wanting to trade my like new .223 Mod 70 in on a Dan Wesson BobTail Commander. I have Sidney making a set of Arkansas Razorback grips for my WartHog. I never shot the mod 70, got it and thought I'd start rifle shooting, I never did. I keep getting more pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalKracker
    I'm wanting to trade my like new .223 Mod 70 in on a Dan Wesson BobTail Commander. I have Sidney making a set of Arkansas Razorback grips for my WartHog. I never shot the mod 70, got it and thought I'd start rifle shooting, I never did. I keep getting more pistols.
    Sometimes that happens

Me likey!!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Mr. White-I'm not familiar with that ambi. I see that it's braced by the pin, like the Kimber (originally King's?) safety, but I've never seen one shaped quite like that, and with the serrations on the bottom surface. Being a left-hander, I'm always looking for ideas, and I've never been satisfied with the common tongue-groove/paddle under grip setup. Great 1911, by the way.
    Thank you!

Administrator

Super Nice Bud

Real Fine Horsey Gun.
    Nice photos too.

Here is an ejector nightmare story.

Once I bought a series 70 Government - New In Box.

So I lowered the ejection port & wanted to install an extended ejector.

I get the right size drift punch & I'm tapping the ejector pin and the pin is MOVING through the frame...but, no pin is coming out the other side!

The pin face is still showing as flush w/ the other side of the frame. ?????

I'm thinking What Da Hell - Where is the damn pin going?...into the 4th dimension maybe?

I tap the pin in more than .25" on the plunger tube side & still no pin exiting on the flip side.

I take out the drift punch & easily free the ejector.

But, nothing is moving with the pin & the pin is still in the frame - A quarter inch on one side and STILL FLUSH on the other.

Then as I continue to tap the pin inside the frame...I'm noticing a slight bulge in the metal inside the magazine well up near the top.
    The pin is bulging the doggone metal out.

So...how did that happen. ***?

Well, three hours later after I finally got the PINS out...YES, that would be PINS - plural...I figured it out.

When somebody at the factory was assembling the pistol they broke the one pin while in the process of pinning the ejector in.

So they broke another ejector pin to make it into a short pin and tapped that into the hole from the opposite side just for cosmetic reasons.

No problem & the ejector WAS pinned solid
    (only w/ a very short piece of pin)

No problem at all...that is until wanting to "switch out" the ejector.

One short piece of broken hardened pin was wedging against the other piece of broken hardened pin inside that little tiny hole.

All worked out well in the end though.

I installed the new ejector with a brand new pin & carefully tapped the slight bulge back down flush.

You never know what little problems you're going to run into...even with a brand new pistol.

Not sure how i didn't post on this one yet! that is a nice Colt Mr. Bud!

I like it! The duck bill would have to go for me too I'd think in order to carry it.

If you decide to tripp hard chrome it please review that also, I have been thinking about sending my Colt Combat Commander in to tripp for that as well.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

SheepDog it is a MUESCHKE Ambi safety it fit easy enough but not sure i would use one again it is stiff to reengage and though i have fit it and the detents to try to help its still real tight and even thought the off side had a pin it is still some what sloppy

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    Not sure how i didn't post on this one yet! that is a nice Colt Mr. Bud!

I like it! The duck bill would have to go for me too I'd think in order to carry it.

If you decide to tripp hard chrome it please review that also, I have been thinking about sending my Colt Combat Commander in to tripp for that as well.

Ti.
    Actually the Duck butt or bill which ever you want to call it isn't that bad i shot couple hundred rounds today and really couldn't tell the difference between it and a Hi rise like i my springfield i was shooting ...

Even with out the speed bump i had no problems keeping grip safety in i will try a wilson drop in sometime

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links