FNP/FNX Controls Question

This is a discussion on FNP/FNX Controls Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I love both the FNP and the FNX. The FNX slightly more so, because of the slightly lighter weight and the extra round capacity. ...

Thread: FNP/FNX Controls Question

So I love both the FNP and the FNX. The FNX slightly more so, because of the slightly lighter weight and the extra round capacity. However, the FNX has some pretty bulky controls, particularly the mag release on the right side of the gun. Does anyone know of a company that makes slightly more streamlined controls for this gun. I am aware that it is fairly new. My google capabilities seem to be failing me right now.
    USMC Sergeant
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Utah BCI Certified Instructor
    Utah Self Defense Instruction- Utah CCW, Discount NRA memberships/renewals
    Gun Blog,CCW News and Reviews

I haven't heard of anyone making after-market parts for them, that usually takes a while on the market. Sorry. Also, look at holsters before you pick one up, as those can take awhile, too. Heard good things about the guns, though! I'm looking for a chance to shoot one.

I don't know of a place to buy one. Have you thought of getting a replacement mag release and going at it with a dremel tool?

I love my FNP-45 (pretty much the model for the FNX models) and carry it in a Blade-Tech paddle holster. I definitely wouldn't carry this gun IWB since it's huge, but it rides well OWB. The controls don't bother me that much, but they are bigger than controls on similar guns. The decocker/safety is pretty big, but it doesn't seem to get in the way.

I also have the FNP-45. The safety/decocker is pretty big, but the take down and slide release are small. I wish the slide release was bigger, but I doubt anyone make after market parts for it, but you can call FNH. I was a little disappointed when I called them about a year ago asking if I could buy a threaded barrel for my FNP-45 since it was not available when I bought mine. They wouldn't sell it to as an after market part though, and I thought that was poor customer service on their behalf...

controls

So i have an fnx 40 that i works really well for me. The only complaint i have about the whole thing is the slide release is to small and its hard to find anything to upgrade or change on it. I know its all due to the newness of the pistol but for now its great!

Links