ATI FX.45 Anybody?

This is a discussion on ATI FX.45 Anybody? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How did you install your new sights with no problem. Seeing as ATI 1911s are NOT milspec do you have to use a COLT dovetailed ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATI FX.45 Anybody?

How did you install your new sights with no problem. Seeing as ATI 1911s are NOT milspec do you have to use a COLT dovetailed sight? I looked all over and was told by my local gunsmith that the dovetail would have to be milled to accept aftermarket sights (milspec) because the dovetail was too big for the Meprolights I was looking at installing. I am aware that the Filipino guns are supposed to be built to Colt specs so I additionally inferred that Colt does not use a milspec dovetail.

2. Remove Ads

Talking FX Titan 1911

I have an ATI FX Titan 1911 .45 that i use for my Daily carry and I am very happy with it!!! It has the 3.18" barrel and will literally outshoot my Springfield Armory GI45 w/ a 4.5" barrel!!!! Use the federal 230gr ball for practice and Hornady Critical Defense for carry!!! Have shot LOTS of both types of ammo and never had a stovepipe, ftf or any other problem. Am happy enuff with this one that I am fixing to buy the ATI FX Titan Fatboy? double stack 1911(10rds) for a Homegun!!!!
    As far as mags go, besides the factory one I use the 8rd Mecgar mags and have no issues whatsoever!!! Yea I know it is 1 rd longer but is not the primary mag, is the backup!!! Figure if I have to go to the backup mag the length will be the least of my worries!!!
    I hope to never have any problems with it but having recently ordered $250 worth of SS parts for it and the good service I had from their CS person I am really all around happy with my Titan!!!! BTW: It is the blued Titan and have also noticed the "Character" wear on the finish also but again it gets carried everyday!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links