Sig P239 or Kahr K9 for IWB?

This is a discussion on Sig P239 or Kahr K9 for IWB? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would go for the Kahr, but personally, I prefer the P9 or CW9 as they are much lighter---I have two CW9s (one for me, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sig P239 or Kahr K9 for IWB?

jyo
    I would go for the Kahr, but personally, I prefer the P9 or CW9 as they are much lighter---I have two CW9s (one for me, one for the wifey)---they run 100%---the Sig is a good pistol, but much heavier and thicker---If you must have a higher capacity, I would greatly prefer the HK P2000 over the Sig P239---just my two cents...

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    uuuhhhh.... the Sig P239 isn't high capacity

VIP Member
    One of my Sig 239's is a DAK SAS model, two tone (stainless slide) with wooden grips, it is a very nice looking gun, though not the reason I bought it. I wanted to try the DAK and SAS features.

The other Sig 239 is a plain black SA/DA, it doesn't look as nice as the above. Both are great shooters.

I have zero experience with a Kahr, so I can't be any help there.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    I never thought of my plain black P239 as a "pretty gun". Functional, reliable, accurate, extremely well made.... yes.... but pretty?
    Don't like the look of it in two-tone, but the solid black version is pretty nice...sexy with hogue grips too:
    http://www.gunnerspress.com/img/239_239.jpg

The Khar on the other hand is not attractive even with makeup
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

Sig P239 looks...

I think the Sig P239 is very attractive, with the right finish and grips. The lines of the gun are very streamlined and pleasing to me.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The Khar on the other hand is not attractive even with makeup
    Not attractive??

Ohhh, that hurt!

Some of us like the K9.

Been debating between a CW9 - K9 - Sig 239, so will be watching this thread. The one thing I've heard consistently on them is ... no problems, so it may just come down to preference.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Been debating between a CW9 - K9 - Sig 239, so will be watching this thread. The one thing I've heard consistently on them is ... no problems, so it may just come down to preference.
    All are fine guns and it does come down to preference. The preference should be heavily influenced by what you intend to do with it. The CW9 is thin and lightweight, while the P239 is thick and heavy. The CW9 is significantly more pleasant to carry while the P239, with its extra mass and SA trigger pull, is more pleasant on the range.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

I have had both the 239 in 40 and the K40, to me the K40 is the best carry. The 239 is an excellent weapon and I shot it well but I just couldn't get used to the weight and the single stack combination, the K40 is weighty but still lighter than the 239.

The 239 is roughly the same size as a glock 19 in height, width and length, yet it has about half the capacity. I don't know about you, but if were to get a single stack pistol for carry, I had better be getting a thinner gun for sacrificing 7 rounds of 9mm. The kahr gives you a thinner gun, the sig gives you nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Texag View Post
    The 239 is roughly the same size as a glock 19 in height, width and length, yet it has about half the capacity. I don't know about you, but if were to get a single stack pistol for carry, I had better be getting a thinner gun for sacrificing 7 rounds of 9mm. The kahr gives you a thinner gun, the sig gives you nothing.
    Actually, the Sig does give you something...quality and for some people, it may feel better ergonomically.

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    Actually, the Sig does give you something...quality and for some people, it may feel better ergonomically.
    Sig has hardly been the picture of quality since 2005.

I own both. Very different guns, but both are fine guns. The K9 will carry a bit easier IWB due to its thin width. Weight between the two is insignificant when carried on the hip, although the Sig is a bit larger and a bit bulkier. I don't think there is a huge difference in how each carries.

Each shoots differently from the other and each feels entirely different in the hand. The triggers vary quite a bit from each other. Quite a bit. Shoot both and see what you really prefer from that perspective and don't worry so much about which carries the best.

Sig P239 vs. Kahr MK9

The real contrast between the Sig P239 and the steel Kahrs is comparison with the smallest steel Kahr, the MK9. The MK9 is significantly smaller than the Sig in both height and length, plus about 1/10 of an inch on thickness. The MK9 gives you 6+1 rounds of 9mm with the standard magazine, while the Sig gives you 8+1 rounds of 9mm.

I find the Kahr much easier to conceal in an IWB holster worn at appendix position than the Sig.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links