1000 round trigger jobs!

1000 round trigger jobs!

This is a discussion on 1000 round trigger jobs! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am hard at work on my 1000 round trigger jobs, it was a challenge that Bob Mayne at Handgun World talks about. So far ...

Thread: 1000 round trigger jobs!

1000 round trigger jobs!

I am hard at work on my 1000 round trigger jobs, it was a challenge that Bob Mayne at Handgun World talks about. So far here are my totals:

Glock 19 300 rounds no failures
    Kahr PM9 730 rounds no failures
    S&W 642 220 rounds no failures

The Glock 19 has been flawless so far, the trigger is ok and getting smoother, I will have to say I do like the Kahr trigger better.

The Kahr PM9 is really starting to get a great trigger on it, it is accurate and realiable.

The S&W 642 trigger is smoothing up some, need more rounds, great double action practice.

If you have not shot 1000 rounds out of your carry gun then why not? It will improve your confidence in your EDC and make you a better shot.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    1000 rounds, huh? Does it really get better or does one get more accustomed to it? Guess I'll have to shoot a few more rounds and find out!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I shoot at least 100 rounds a week thru my carry guns,I'm way past 1000 rounds in all my handguns,never really noticed if the trigger was smoother
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Dry firing the snubbies helps smooth things out. Try watching TV with snap caps and work it till you cant pull no more. Just make sure that all live ammo is locked up. bunker

I think the triggers are all fine, it takes all that shooting to get your finger in shape!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

I like the trigger on my sig 250 the more i shoot it; i've got just shy of 1000 through it

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    i've got over 2600 rounds through my M&P40....the trigger is very crisp, just as good as a Glock's (if not better).. I like mine better because it doesn't have that goofy little second trigger in the middle of it. feels more like a 1911 trigger to me.
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I have basically the same 3 guns but mp340 not 642.

I have over 10,000 rounds through the 19
    15,000 through the pm9
    and only 2100 through the 340 but all .357

But i dry fire them 2/3 more then gun fire. You may want to work this into your practice.

1,000 round trigger jobs are a must. Some ask if the trigger gets better of if the shooter gets better, obviously...I say...both! Every pistol I own now has more than 1,000 rounds through it. Some people resist this theory. Why? If you're going to buy and carry a gun, why not get good with it. Can you really say you're well defended if you've only shot 2 boxes of ammo through your carry gun and go to the range once a year and shoot another 2 boxes? Hardly. Most triggers will smooth out nicely, especially when you get to 2,000 rounds.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    I have over 3000+ rounds through my Taurus PT709. Yes as HandgunWorld said, not only is the trigger getting better, but the shooter (me ) is also getting much better with this gun. God Bless

Quote Originally Posted by MichSteve View Post
    I am hard at work on my 1000 round trigger jobs, it was a challenge that Bob Mayne at Handgun World talks about. So far here are my totals:

Glock 19 300 rounds no failures
    Kahr PM9 730 rounds no failures
    S&W 642 220 rounds no failures

The Glock 19 has been flawless so far, the trigger is ok and getting smoother, I will have to say I do like the Kahr trigger better.

The Kahr PM9 is really starting to get a great trigger on it, it is accurate and realiable.

The S&W 642 trigger is smoothing up some, need more rounds, great double action practice.

If you have not shot 1000 rounds out of your carry gun then why not? It will improve your confidence in your EDC and make you a better shot.

Why not? Because I have around 14 pistols in 9mm alone and like to spread the "love". I still like to take the .45s and .357s out for a spin every once in a while as well. Each has gotten it's "confidence builder" round count.

I usually get snap caps and work the trigger around 500 times to not only get used to it, but to "polish" it up before I go shoot it for the first time.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I usually get snap caps and work the trigger around 500 times to not only get used to it, but to "polish" it up before I go shoot it for the first time.

I actually do the same and also rack the slide a few hundred times while watching TV. God Bless

Just make sure you're gun is unloaded so you don't shoot your TV! Although I have to admit, sometimes there are people on TV I would like to shoot!
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Sponsored Links