Novak "Answer" - Page 2

Novak "Answer"

This is a discussion on Novak "Answer" within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And to just throw another log on the fire, what about removing the mag disconnect from the HP? Same sort of thing? I would never ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novak "Answer"

And to just throw another log on the fire, what about removing the mag disconnect from the HP? Same sort of thing?

I would never remove the grip safety from a 1911. I am just to use to it. There have been people that have had them either pinned down, or "desensitized" to the point that they really don't even work anymore. Not that hard to do. No need to spend tons' of money on that device when there are other cheaper ways to do it that don't modify the original design and look of the 1911. And yes, JMB died long before the GP-35 was finished. And it was at the request of the Army that the grip safety be added. Lot's of details about this if interested.

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

Jess i would agree on the mag disconnect on the HP

One reason why i wont own a gun with a mag disconnect for carry or in general

Lead Moderator
    I ahve never had a problem with the grip safety so for me it stays.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Has anyone here ever had a 1911 not fire because of the grip safety?

Here's a crazy answer.

I'm a bass player, and one of those types that doesn't use a guitar pick. I DID have problems shooting 1911s because of the way I arched my hand. The way I naturally gripped handguns caused me to not engage the grip safety. I learned to unlearn this years ago, but engaging a grip safety doesn't happen for every hand. I think some less trained shooters may have problems with grip safeties.

Less Trained Shooters...

Less trained shooters should not carry a 1911 in my opinion. A 4 inch revolver or any Glock would serve them better.

then again, if they are not trained, perhaps a cell phone is their BEST choice.

"Tell me again why you intentionaly disabled the safety device on the gun you shot my client with?"

GN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links