Thinking about a Glock 29SF

This is a discussion on Thinking about a Glock 29SF within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking about picking one up for EDC??? Love the 10MM but looking for some arguments why or why not to pick one up. I have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a Glock 29SF

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar

Thinking about picking one up for EDC??? Love the 10MM but looking for some arguments why or why not to pick one up. I have lots of guns and rotate my CC usually monthly and I almost feel like I am missing something not having a 10MM in that mix. Need opinions.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

I've got one. One of my favorite firearms as I love the 10mm round. Very expensive to shoot though. It's my woods gun, except when I go camping up in Northern Maine then I bring the .44 mag

I carried it daily for about 6-7 months and eventually went back to a revolver but it's a perfect little powerhouse for CC. Definitely one of my favorite pistols that I own.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Ok I am looking at the Glock 30 too The one at the shop has the fat bottom magazines (the ones that are a 1/4 inch thick) and it fits my hand perfect! which 29 wil be most like that gun? sorry for my ignorance I have a few glocks but i havent' stayed current with all the goodies.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

also some say Slim Frame some say Short Frame??? which is it?
    I want the Glock 29 that is the same as the standerd 30 which has that fat bottom magazine.

I love my G29SF (short frame). It has the double stack magazine in 10 rnds and will take the 15 round G20 magazine. The grip is wide not slim. Been carrying it everyday for two years in a "Crossbreed Supertuck".
    I do everything the voices in my wife's head tell me to do!

Impossible is not a word. It's just a reason for someone not to try!

I think it might just be the most underrated Glock, an awesome carry gun...same size and capacity as a G30, but with more stopping power (and more kick). Certainly a man stopper, and probably a good large animal stopper, too. Only two disadvantages I see to this gun. One, it's expensive to shoot, but if you have others to practice with then that doesn't matter. The second question is, given that .40 S&W has proven to be a very effective round, is it worth it to step up in power to 10mm at the expense of being a fraction of an inch thicker (in comparison to G27 or 0.40 PPS)? Again, because you have options, I would say absolutely!
    "In a world of compromise, some don't." -HK

You have seen my videos and know my opinion on the 29SF. it is THE only glock I would own if I could only have one.

So whats the comparative size and which one do I need to order for the fat bottom magz?

I have found that not having the sleeves works just fine. I ditched the sleeves. i carry the 10 rounder for carry and a few 15's for backup. However the sleeves are easy to get : http://www.glockmeister.com/AG-Grip-...nfo/AGEXT2021/ they fit the SF as well

Don't want the sleeves:
    http://www.topglock.com/category/873-Glock_10mm.aspx
    at the bottom see how the 29 have the bigger magz but not the sleeved ones. and some show the flush bottom magz like on the 27's

Those are scherer 2 shot extensions. http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip...BExtensions%2F

cool thanks. any idea why some come with them standard?? I just ordered a 26/27/30 for my shop and the 30 has both mags with them and the other to just standard ones. I am leaning 75/25 for the 29, but the 30 is still on the table too.

I don't know, mine came with standard glock 10 rd mags X3. I just bought a bunch of 15 rounders for backup. I see the +2 as defeating the purpose of concealing it as it lengthens the grip.
    I love the 10mm

funny thing is even with the chunkier mag the 30 we have is still a 10 rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    I don't know, mine came with standard glock 10 rd mags X3. I just bought a bunch of 15 rounders for backup. I see the +2 as defeating the purpose of concealing it as it lengthens the grip.
    I love the 10mm
    I have a love of the 10mm too! how about this do I buy the Glock 30 and buy a 10mm conversion kit for it???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links