Carry gun rotation, wondering. - Page 2

Carry gun rotation, wondering.

This is a discussion on Carry gun rotation, wondering. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have numerous guns and carry based on situation and attire. I have several semi-autos I carry and several revolvers. I practice with them regularly. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have numerous guns and carry based on situation and attire. I have several semi-autos I carry and several revolvers. I practice with them regularly. I don't anticipate any issue of confusion with what I'm carrying.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Just like what Bugdude said.
    Semper Fi
    Last edited by BkCo1; February 4th, 2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Spelling

I don't have a ''rotation" per se. But I will change my carry weapon on situation. For example, my 99.99% carry is my Glock 26. But, when I'm heading to the city to pick up or drop off my kids, the Glock 21 gets carried. Bigger holes and only a loss of 2 rounds when I'm carrying a G19 mag in my G26.
    Glock 26 9mm, Ruger LCR .357mag

"Protect yourself at all times."

"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."-Clint Smith

Cool

I carry either my G23 or G27 dpending on area and weather for concealment. G27 conceals sweet in a Don Hume 715 but the G23 has to be my favorite in a stoner IWB. G27 with shorts/T shirts,G23 with jeans and cover shirt and it's my ED truck gun. Glock lover at heart, always go back to a glock!
    Last edited by bikerboy; February 5th, 2011 at 06:14 AM.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Different carry guns based on attire for the day, time of year, (warm or cold weather), what area of the city I'm headed to, (larger capacity) or if I'm just running down to the corner store for milk and bread, (small grab-n-go).
    As others have stated I don't carry anything with a manual dis-engagable safety. My carry rotation consist of a Ruger LCP, S&W 642, Springfield XD .45 Compact & Glock 27, 19, 23 or 22.
    Proud NRA member

I rotate between a 1911, a Glock 19, a P7M8, a Browning HP, and sometimes a 610 revolver. I make sure to take a bit of time when I put it on to get up to speed with what I'm doing for the day and in about 20 years of carrying I never had an issue. My choices cover a pretty wide selection of action types, but my constant companion BUG is always a Kel Tec .32 in the same old pocket holster.

If you don't train and practice, it doesn't matter what you carry, you'll have problems.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Do what you want... and works for you.

I switch around some. But, I can drive any car, truck, tractor, etc. too.... and switching from one to the other doesn't create problems (manual or automatic). I can also use different cell phones vs land lines and never have an issue. I can use a gas stove, electric stove, and a grill too.
    My point is simple.... we do "many" different things with different equipment that all is from a little different to a lot different with no issues at all. A gun is no different ..... it's only a matter of whether you've used the other types sufficient to know how to use them well enough, because I know which one I have on me and how to use it.

I hear the "depends upon my attire" , and that's true with me at times, but at times.... it's just because I FEEL LIKE IT.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    I hear the "depends upon my attire" , and that's true with me at times, but at times.... it's just because I FEEL LIKE IT.
    I must admit I've been carrying some things lately based on the "just because I feel like it" thing. Sometimes it depends on what I've been working with at the range a lot lately. For a while, I was working on my 1911 and I carried it a lot for quite a while. Now, I've been working with revolvers a lot and have been carrying my SP101 or 442 a lot lately. It's not really an intentional rotation, just what I've been focusing more time and attention to during any given time period.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Most of the time I carry a G27. However, I will reach for my .357mag. M65 K-Frame Smith from time to time. In fact it and a HKS speed loader made the rounds with me this morning as I ran a few errands in my small town.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

I use to carry my 1911's most of the time.But now I mostly carry my G29 or G30. I still swipe the thumb safety off of my Glocks with each draw from the holster. I do carry them at 4:00 and my BUG goes in my weekside pocket.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I carry a Glock 26. My only other carry is a S&W Model 36. And that hasn't been carried in an awfully long time. If I ever get around to getting a holster for my G17 I'll rotate as needed. All my carry guns have the same manual of arms. I didn't intend to go that way, it just kinda happened.
    Question Everything!

My normal edc is 44 special revolver. Revolvers because I like them. 44 special because of where I live. Bears and such. When I go to town, I sometimes carry my Christmas new LCR. Again revolvers because I like them. Lastly I mix in keltec P3AT. Not a revolver but conceals real well when I need it and still simple to operate. But when I can get out in the backwoods all bets are off. But it is still usually a revolver of some type.
    NRA Life Member

I own a number of what I consider high quality handguns. Same as you all. This last year or so I go back and forth between my G26 and 19. I carry them in the same IWB holster and pretty much same clothing. I do know this for sure. At the range I shoot better with these two than any thing I have, and they are just plain simple, reliable, and I trust them. One or both is always near me..
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

Distinguished Member Array Dragman's Avatar
    I tend to carry glocks so there is no difference in operation weather I have my 19 or my 30 or any other. If I am putting on a "dress piece" it is usually a shinny 1911 in which case I can function in my sleep.
    To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links