Glock 45/10mm conversion - Page 2

Glock 45/10mm conversion

This is a discussion on Glock 45/10mm conversion within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by WHEC724 Yup. The link is good. I can get there from my ipad 3G connection. I can not form my local network. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock 45/10mm conversion

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Yup. The link is good.
    I can get there from my ipad 3G connection. I can not form my local network. I even restarted my modem and router.

Does anyone have experience with these barrels? Would a G21 with this barrel be equivalent to a G20. I am going to need a new barrel anyway to shoot the Double tap Hard Cast 230 bullets. They are not very accurate with the stock Glock barrel.

Before I bought a 2nd gen glock 20, I regularly shot a stock lonewolf g20 barrel in my g21. Gotta use g20 mags too. Never had an extraction issues etc in well over 2000 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Before I bought a 2nd gen glock 20, I regularly shot a stock lonewolf g20 barrel in my g21. Gotta use g20 mags too. Never had an extraction issues etc in well over 2000 rounds.
    Was the barrel at all loose? I have read that these is a gap in the barrel hood area.

Did you ever shoot the heavy loads like the ones from Double Tap?

You should check out this thread:

Glock 21 conversion to Glock 20? - Glock Talk

Read what Desertscout has to say. I once was a naysayer, but after reading his posts, he made me a believer. He gas good pictures, and I think even some vids too.

And yes, I shot a couple hundred rounds of DT through the stock G20 barrel in the G21 slide. I did use a 22" Wolff Spring and non captive guide rod too in this configuration.

You should check out this thread:

Glock 21 conversion to Glock 20? - Glock Talk

Read what Desertscout has to say. I once was a naysayer, but after reading his posts, he made me a believer. He gas good pictures, and I think even some vids too.

And yes, I shot a couple hundred rounds of DT through the stock G20 barrel in the G21 slide. I did use a 22" Wolff Spring and non captive guide rod too in this configuration.
    I just bought a used Glock 21. I am glad that you have done this before with the DT ammo. I really think that this is a good option for me. I found quite a few used Glock 21s and no GLock 20s. I now need to decide what barrel to use. The 2 options I know of are KKM and Storm Lake. The price seams to be about the same. LoneWolf does not have a conversion barrel, so I think I will spend a little extra and go with one that does. What is the stock spring on the glock21? What is a non captive guide. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Factory stock for all Glock pistols is 17 lbs. Here is the link for the Wolff Springs:

Springs for GLOCK Semi-Auto Pistols

Mike McNett from Double Tap, and most 10mm aficionados shoot, or recommend using at least a 20 lb., if not heavier recoil spring. I use a 22 lb spring in my G20, Smith and Wesson 1006.

Factory stock for all Glock pistols is 17 lbs. Here is the link for the Wolff Springs:

Springs for GLOCK Semi-Auto Pistols

Mike McNett from Double Tap, and most 10mm aficionados shoot, or recommend using at least a 20 lb., if not heavier recoil spring. I use a 22 lb spring in my G20, Smith and Wesson 1006.
    I guess I will get a 22 lb spring with my 10mm barrel. Thanks for the help.

Not wanting to start a caliber war, but 10mm is considered by many experts to perform just barely adequate in the field. Mas Ayoob has written some interesting articles on the matter. Just seems like the perceived benefit isn't worth the effort (or cost).

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Not wanting to start a caliber war, but 10mm is considered by many experts to perform just barely adequate in the field. Mas Ayoob has written some interesting articles on the matter. Just seems like the perceived benefit isn't worth the effort (or cost).
    It stopped Grant Kuenzili in his tracks after three chest shots.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Could you please explain this. Are you saying that that 10mm is a waste of time over 45. I have also seen many 45 lovers that would not consider 10mm.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnCiccarel View Post
    Could you please explain this. Are you saying that that 10mm is a waste of time over 45. I have also seen many 45 lovers that would not consider 10mm.
    Sure, I am saying that according to my research on the subject (not ballistics tests, but actual shootings) the 10mm has proven to be less than stellar in performance. Mas Ayoob has studied countless real life shootings, and his conclusions was that the 10mm was less effective than both 9mm and .45 acp. Will it kill you, sure. All I am saying is the OP wants to do this 10mm thing to satisfy an "itch" and that maybe he should re-evaluate the situation from a cost/worth perspective.

Then you don't buy a 10mm and don't screw up the ops thread with a caliber debate because I have also done research and after I isolated the watered down rounds I found the exact opposite conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Then you don't buy a 10mm and don't screw up the ops thread with a caliber debate because I have also done research and after I isolated the watered down rounds I found the exact opposite conclusions.
    It's a public forum and I was offering my perspective. It isn't a debate. The OP is a grown man and can make his own choices without your help.

Then why start your post with "Not wanting to start a caliber war"

I hunt with 10mm. I have hunted with 45. The wound cavities and bone damage caused by both the double tap and buffalo bore 10mm on wild hogs and javelina are impressive to say the least. I am sold. 10mm is not as popular nor was it sold full power. Shot placement is king. By your argument 40 s&w would be inferior as well. You know the argument you are claiming doesnt exist. The op was asking about a part not a lecture on caliber capability and finances.
    NIS350ZTT and Dragman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by azchevy View Post
    Ummmm the Glock 21 is a .45ACP... so any "drop in" 10mm barrel is going to be a conversion as the original "drop-in" is in .45 caliber.....
    but how can we do that???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links