Joined the M&P crowd today - Page 2

Joined the M&P crowd today

This is a discussion on Joined the M&P crowd today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've had a couple of messages about other tools in the picture with the M&P. The revolver is a taurus 44 mag. It primarily serves ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've had a couple of messages about other tools in the picture with the M&P. The revolver is a taurus 44 mag. It primarily serves as a deer and hog hunting firearm. Taurus does not get a lot of "love" on the net, but that 44 mag is really a great shooting gun. With 21 grains of 2400 under a 240 gr cast LSWC that gun shoots great groups up to 100yds. The limiting factor with that gun is me pulling the trigger. The big gun with the ported barrel manages recoil exceptionally well. Those loads will go through both shoulders of a 250 pound hog at 75 yds...so, not so good for home (townhouse) defense.

The M&P is obvious in the pic as everyone has seen them. The other handgun is my Walther P22. I believe it has somewhere around 4000 rounds through it now. Other than a bad mag, it has been an extremely reliable plinker.

The knife is a Boker AK74 auto opener. It has been a decent piece so far. I reworked the blade with a slightly steeper angle so the edge would hold up better to misuse, but that's a preference thing. I believe it was the sharpest knife out of the box that i've ever had.

The belt slide holster is a Tagua quick draw. I grabbed it yesterday to go with the M&P. I've worn it for a short trip to the store and around the house, and so far its OK. Under just a t-shirt there is some printing, but with a hooded sweatshirt on there is no issue.

Nice choice on the M&Pc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links