Joined the M&P crowd today

This is a discussion on Joined the M&P crowd today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd been looking hard at a revolver for my next carry piece after having some bad luck with the last auto I had purchased. It ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joined the M&P crowd today

Joined the M&P crowd today

I'd been looking hard at a revolver for my next carry piece after having some bad luck with the last auto I had purchased. It was a Kahr CW45, and it must have been made on a Monday is all I can say. Kahr typically makes great guns, and many people have great luck with them, this particular CW45 just didn't want to be my friend. Anyhow, I was pretty set on going in the revolver direction purely for dependability reasons.

I spent the last few days reading here and researching various firearms, and went to the local gun store today with plans on checking out Glock G19, and G26, along with the M&P 9 and 9c.

After much ado, the M&P 9c decided that it would like to come home with me. Below is a picture of today's purchase. He seems to be getting along well with his new friends.

IMAG0036[1].jpg

2. Remove Ads

Nice, hope you post a range review after you get to try it out. I almost bought one instead of my SR9c but stuck to my budget.

VIP Member
    Rock on! You will love your M&P9c as they are solid and great firearms.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Enjoy!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Thanks guys!

I picked up that belt slide in the picture for owb carry while it's cold and I can where good cover garments. I'm trying to decide which IWB I want to try out now. I will probably end up ordering another supertuck holster as they've been good to me so far, but it never hurts to look around at other options either. The milt-sparks pieces look great, and seem to get good reviews, so if I don't do a supertuck, milt-sparks might be my next choice. Still, there are several others to research as well.

...the more I handle the m&p as I sit here, the better I feel about having bought it!

congrats on the new M&P,nice choice

My wife looked at and shot everything under the sun before choosing the M&P9. She is not a gun snob and had no preconceived ideas or biases. She just liked it - the way it felt in her hand and she shot it very well. Since then, we have bought two more. We have so-called "nicer" guns, but the M&P's are dependable, soft-shooting, easy to maintain, more than accurate enough for defensive purposes and have S&W warranty and customer service behind them. You can't go wrong.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life)

Nice choice. You'll like it.

GM
    Congrats on the new M&P. Have you contacted Kahr regarding the CW45?
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It came down to a coin toss between Glock and M&P for me. The Glock won the toss. Sometimes I wonder as the M&P does point more naturally.

Enjoy!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    My wife looked at and shot everything under the sun before choosing the M&P9. She is not a gun snob and had no preconceived ideas or biases. She just liked it - the way it felt in her hand and she shot it very well. Since then, we have bought two more. We have so-called "nicer" guns, but the M&P's are dependable, soft-shooting, easy to maintain, more than accurate enough for defensive purposes and have S&W warranty and customer service behind them. You can't go wrong.

^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It came down to a coin toss between Glock and M&P for me. The Glock won the toss. Sometimes I wonder as the M&P does point more naturally.Enjoy!

^^^^^^Do I sense a new"dark side" emerging in the Gun culture? !!!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Everyone I know that owns one does NOT regret their decision.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    I think it's more of a reemergence. They (S&W) have gone from the "bright side" to the "dark side"... and with great success..
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It came down to a coin toss between Glock and M&P for me. The Glock won the toss. Sometimes I wonder as the M&P does point more naturally.

Enjoy!
    You should shoot one some time and put the palm swells in for your own hand size. You will not hear a bad thing about M&P's other then some folks will say the trigger is a bit mushy. The funny part is that I have had my Glock's side by side and the triggers are very similar. What you will hear is how comfortable, soft shooting and boring reliable they are.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by GM View Post
    Congrats on the new M&P. Have you contacted Kahr regarding the CW45?
    I did contact Kahr on the CW45. They seemingly did get things lined out on the gun (slide stop spring and trigger bar I believe), but I just never got back to a high level of confidence in the gun so I sold it. The friend of mine that bought the gun (knowing its history) says that it is performing fairly well for him now. I will try another Kahr in the future. I know there are several people using them very reliably, mine was just built on a bad day. This could have happened with any other make of firearm as well. HOPEFULLY, this is not the case with the new M&P.

Congrats. You will enjoy it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links