Police Dept. Trade in G23"s,good guns? - Page 3

Police Dept. Trade in G23"s,good guns?

This is a discussion on Police Dept. Trade in G23"s,good guns? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Chances are half of em were only shot once a year....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Police Dept. Trade in G23"s,good guns?

Chances are half of em were only shot once a year.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

I have 3 Police trade ins, G23, G27 and a 92 FS. All were completely dependable, and at a great price!

This company in Miami has the state contract and does a lot of police trade in's.

http://louspolice.com/
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Administrator
    Here is a little known fact about police trade ins; A lot of agencies (if not most) allow their officers to purchase their duty guns when they are rotated out of service at a really nice price. So, most of the guns that were shot a lot, because they were issued to the gun guys, went home with the officer who were issued them. The rest, were either issued to no gun guy officers (the carried a lot, shot little crowd) and the safe queens. Most agencies have a reserve of duty guns kept tucked away in case of an officer involved shooting, repair, new hire etc. These guns sit in lockers for years and are like brand new when they are sold off.

Just something to keep in mind. Police trade ins are often very good deals.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Looks like a good deal to me. I'd snap it up in a heartbeat.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    I've purchased lots of police trade ins over the years, ranging from Smith and Colt snubs to my 870's and Mini 14. All have been good buys and were thoroughly inspected by the dealer/gunsmith before being sold. Unfortunately the powers that be, on my side of the border, have decided that all ex police firearms retired from now on, will be crushed instead of sold.

Here's a thought for you with regards to your G23. Consider attending a GSSF match if one is held in your area, link to follow. The course of fire is VERY basic, but they have Glock armourers in attendance that will strip down your pistol and mags and replace any worn parts at no charge. You get to spend a day shooting, and don't have to ship your Glock, unless you want the Tennifer refinished.

http://gssfonline.com/
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

I bought a G22 from Express Police Supply in Lenexa, KS and picked it up Friday at my FFL. Just got back from shooting it. 100 flawless rounds and very accurate. A bit of wear on the slide, but other than that, it's in excellent condition and has excellent night sights. Paid $300,, $20 shipping and $40 FFL. First used Glock I ever bought.
    Glock 22, Glock 23, S&W SW40VE, S&W SD9VE, Kahr CM9, Del Ton Echo 316 AR15.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    I've purchased lots of police trade ins over the years, ranging from Smith and Colt snubs to my 870's and Mini 14. All have been good buys and were thoroughly inspected by the dealer/gunsmith before being sold. Unfortunately the powers that be, on my side of the border, have decided that all ex police firearms retired from now on, will be crushed instead of sold.

Here's a thought for you with regards to your G23. Consider attending a GSSF match if one is held in your area, link to follow. The course of fire is VERY basic, but they have Glock armourers in attendance that will strip down your pistol and mags and replace any worn parts at no charge. You get to spend a day shooting, and don't have to ship your Glock, unless you want the Tennifer refinished.http://gssfonline.com/
    Dont even need to do that...the Tenifer, is not a finish, but a treatment IN the metal itself, it doesnt wear off, the finish is simply a black oxide type powder coat. You can ship it to Glock to be redone, but it is not necessary. Only cosmetic.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links