Revolver opinions needed

This is a discussion on Revolver opinions needed within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Sonic82 Actually, this whole thread depresses me........it's brought back thoughts of me selling my pristine 6" Colt King Cobra. Obviously, it's not ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Revolver opinions needed

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
    Actually, this whole thread depresses me........it's brought back thoughts of me selling my pristine 6" Colt King Cobra. Obviously, it's not the carry topic that brings this back, just revolvers in general.
    Dragman has two Colt Pythons for sale in the Sell,Buy and Trade thread. You could buy one to make yourself feel better about the King Cobra.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by LanceORYGUN View Post
    After seeing Zip777's post of his S&W 649 Bodyguard with its new Hogue Grips, I think that would be the revolver that I would want for concealed carry, if I was to carry a revolver.

Here I am a dedicated and fervent pistol guy too, yet his revolver makes even me want to get a 649 Bodyguard too.

Zip777's S&W is truly awesome:

Thanks for the props Lance. For ME I agree...best of all worlds. Other than the heavier carry weight of 23 oz that some may not prefer it has all the attributes I looked for. Heavier weight to control recoil of a .357mag round. Slightly longer barrel to improve accuracy. No jam concerns you can have with autos (and YES I own a Glock and it has jammed even when spotlessly clean). Shrouded hammer for the VERY RARE situation where you may need SA but no concerns about a hammer catching on something. And the Hogue grips that make the pistol feel as it is part of your hand.

The only real drawback is price. With the grips I have about $770 into her. Pricey?? Yes...but my life is worth more than $800.

All that being said I would LOVE to shoot a .357 LCR for comparison. Azchevy posted a great video of it in action and I bet it would do just as well as my 649. I'm sure a lot of these guns would as well.

Really it boils down to YOU. What YOU need...what feels right in YOUR hand. My choice was perfect for me and I'm pleased to see others agree. Makes me feel better about my investment.

One word on lasers... Personally I have no interest in them. Sure at night it may help you in a dark hallway but it will also give your ATTACKER a bead on your position. Anyway...for the house I have my Glock with the night sights. No potential tipoff for the BG.

Of course these are all my choices...weigh your options...choose what works best for you. :)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links